Tagged: Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, EQUIPMENT DIVISION, Foreman, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, PORT AUTHORITY VACANCY, Port of Port of Spain, Port of Spain, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, welder, WELDER FOREMAN, work
- This topic is empty.
September 29, 2023 at 4:16 pm #1011807dkenfhskvmfseParticipant
Port Authority Vacancy October 2023, Port Authority Vacancy October 2023, Port Authority Vacancy October 2023, Port Authority Vacancy October 2023
Port Authority Vacancy October 2023
PORT AUTHORITY OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
VACANCY: WELDER FOREMAN EQUIPMENT DIVISION – PORT OF PORT OF SPAIN
The Welder Foreman – reports directly to the Supervisor Equipment and is responsible for the scheduling, prioritizing, planning and execution of maintenance work as it relates to fabrication, welding and tyre repair of the PATT’s Terminal I Cargo Handling Equipment and operational infrastructure. The incumbent is expected to organize and coordinate welders, tyre men, labourers and other artisans to ensure that all work is completed of a high quality and in a timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs duties such as establishing work assignments, managing attendance and punctuality.
- Coordinates work activities by assigning duties to subordinates and provides technical advice/guidance as and when necessary.
- Participates in the more difficult assignments e.g., interpreting drawings, performing advanced welding procedures, performing non-destructive testing, etc.
- Ensures safe execution of fabrication, welding and tyre repair work assignments and that jobs are completed to acceptable quality standards.
- Selects work materials (e.g., grade and type of material, welding rods), methods and tools for welding and tire repair work.
- Assists management, where possible, in repairing equipment owned by PATT’s customers to ensure claims costs are limited.
- Assists management in formulating and implementing programs of preventative and other planned maintenance activities for the PATT’s equipment and tyres.
- Assists in the formulation of Scopes of Work and Job Procedures
- Ensure all tools and ancillary equipment e.g., compressors, cutting saws, welding equipment, hydraulic equipment, drills, etc. are safe and available for use and are used by employees in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Issues and follows-up on requests for resources, spares, consumables and services required to execute a job or to carry out routine maintenance in a timely manner.
- Maintains close liaison with the Operations Division and Transport Superintendent with regard to the operation demands and feedback.
- Communicates via telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person with other foremen, peers and subordinates to ensure work continuity.
- Reports in a timely manner ALL matters with regard to risks, safety, injury and damage to staff and the PATT’s assets whether contracted or owned.
- Assists management in the evaluation of employee performance and to make recommendations for employee upgrading to ensure a high quality of service.
- Assist in the supervision of contracted services for scaffolding, welding, fabrication and tire repairs.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees and third-party contractors on the policies and procedures of the Port Authority.
- Training – Must be capable of training workers in safety procedures for Welding jobs.
- Performs other related work as may be required from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge in the use of welding equipment, e.g., MIG welders, TIG welders, plasma cutting machine, gas cutting machines, hydraulic press, grinders, Jigs and Fixtures
- Considerable knowledge in performing Non-Destructive Testing on weldments.
- Knowledge of current welding and tire repair tools and techniques
- Strong communication skills – both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to effectively supervise junior employees.
- Ability to work in an environment that contains hydrocarbons.
- Ability to work all three (3) shifts, including weekends and public holidays, at the exigencies of the PATT.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Must be physically fit to lift and reposition heavy objects and able to perform tasks sometimes requiring medium to heavy exertion.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Working Experience
- National Technicians Diploma in Welding or Certification as Certified Welding Educator (CWE) or Certification as Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or MIC Craftsman Diploma or an equivalent combination of Training, Certification and Experience
- Certificate in Supervisory Foreman Training for an Industrial environment
- Accreditation from a recognized Institute for the successful completion of an Occupational Safety and Health Training Course
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) e.g. [Maximo, Dynastar etc.]
- Ten (10) years post qualification working experience
Any equivalent combination of qualifications, training and working experience will be considered.
Interested persons must submit applications comprising (1) Cover letter; (2) Updated CV; and (3) evidence of academic certificates either in hard copy or email which must be received in the PATT’s Human Resource Department no later than by 4.00 p.m. on 2023 October 10 addressed to:
Executive Human Resource Manager
Re: Welder Foreman – Equipment Division
Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
Dock Road Port of Spain. OR
Email subject line should read: Welder Foreman
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE STIPULATED DEADLINE DATE AND TIME WILL NOT BE GIVEN ANY CONSIDERATION
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Port Authority Vacancy October 2023
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.