Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, General Manager, General Manager Jobs, General Manager Vacancy, GM Jobs, GM Vacancies, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MANAGER, marketing, Port of Spain, PTSC JOBS, PTSC Vacancies, PTSC VACANCY, PTSC Vacancy January 2023, PUBLIC TRANSPORT SERVICE CORPORATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, Sales, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
January 1, 2023 at 10:48 am #1003375kattieliston50Participant
PTSC Vacancy January 2023, PTSC Vacancy January 2023, PTSC Vacancy January 2023, PTSC Vacancy January 2023
PTSC Vacancy January 2023
Public Transport Service Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago
The Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC), in its drive towards improving and expanding its services, is pleased to invite applications for the following CONTRACT position:
General Manager- ONE (1) POSITION
The General Manager will provide leadership and direction and plan, direct and coordinate all activities of the PTSC in accordance with its mandate under the Public Transport Service Act and to safeguard and grow the assets of the PTSC for the benefit of the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Implements general policies and pursues strategic objectives established by the Board of Directors; and be responsible for all aspects of the implementation of Board Decisions.
- Performs any duties and exercises any power as stipulated by the Act or delegated by the Board.
- Reports to and advises the Board on matters related to the achievement or the Corporation’s mission. Advocates/promotes relevant organization and stakeholder change.
- Establishes immediate goals consistent with the ultimate objectives and assumes responsibility for the actions of employees in the organization.
- Communicates the objectives and the goals to the Officers of the organization in as effective a manner as possible.
- Coordinates the development of the Corporation’s long-range and annual (business) plans. Provides guidelines and develops annual operational budgets and assumes responsibility for control of expenditure and efficient use of resources.
- Provides motivation for employees engaged in service delivery and other related work activities.
- Assigns; projects and programmes: workflows; reviews and evaluates, methods and procedures. Ensures that all control systems are implemented and effective.
- Manages human, financial and physical resources necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the Corporation.
- Responsible for the effective management of service delivery and the development of marketing and renewal of products and services being made available to the national community.
- Works in close collaboration with the Ministries in areas of Public Policy and Finance.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with direct reports, other employees and the public using principles associated ‘with good and effective customer service.
- Represents PTSC at meetings with external agencies, organizations, special groups and committees and provides assistance where necessary.
- Performs related activities as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Attends Board meetings of the Corporation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Training as evidenced by possession of BSc. in Business Management, Marketing, Economics, Accounting or a related discipline from a reputable University, plus Post Graduate studies in a related Discipline or Disciplines.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a Senior Management position.
- Experience in Public Transportation Operations shall be an asset.
- Experience in a unionized environment shall be an asset.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and management skills.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Any similar combination of qualifications and experience will be considered.
Interested persons should send a cover letter of application clearly stating the position of interest, a detailed Curriculum Vitae containing two (2) references and copies of academic certificates to:
The Corporate Secretary- on or before Friday 13th January 2023.
PTSC Vacancy January 2023
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.