Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Architect I, Architect Job, ArchitectVacancy, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Port of Spain, Remote Jobs, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, UDeCOTT Vacancy, UDeCOTT Vacancy July 2022, Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad & Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
- This topic is empty.
July 13, 2022 at 11:46 pm #997936colemanknopwoodParticipant
UDeCOTT Vacancy July 2022, UDeCOTT Vacancy July 2022, UDeCOTT Vacancy July 2022, UDeCOTT Vacancy July 2022
UDeCOTT Vacancy July 2022
Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad & Tobago (UDeCOTT) Ltd
The Architect I interfaces with clients and end users to ensure that project designs are aligned to specified requirements and are functional, safe and economical. He’/she is required to provide direct support to the Architect II and/or Senior Architect and to seek guidance on complex assignments as required to meet set deadlines.
- Mouse Pad
US $99.99Now US$69.99
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Post Graduate Degree in Architecture will be an asset
- Valid registration with The Board of Architecture of Trinidad and Tobago (BOATT)
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing large construction projects
- Knowledge of Building Codes
- Working knowledge of State Financial Regulations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and any other software as relevant to job functions
- Minimum of five (5) years’ post qualification (BA) experience
- Equivalent combination of Qualification, Training and Experience
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Assists where necessary with the preparation of applications for planning and building approvals from the relevant authorities
- Supervises the preparation of paperwork ensuring compliance with legal and corporate requirements
- Participates in evaluation of tenders and proposals
- Submits recommendations as necessary to ensure that industry best practices are adopted by the Corporation
- Prepares weekly/monthly or other reports as necessary to provide input for determining on project realization
- Attends pre-construction meetings as necessary and contributes to decision-making in the interest of goal achievement
- Evaluates construction documents to ensure client’s needs being fulfilled as documented
- Takes action as necessary to allow for finalization of User Briefs.
- Advises Clients on the practicality and feasibility of projects from a design perspective
- Based on User Brief, prepares Schematic Drawings for presentations as well as inclusion in relevant Request For Proposal (RFP).
- Based on User Brief, prepares detailed workings, drawings and specifications for inclusion in relevant Request For Proposal (RFP) and for costing purposes.
- Assists with the preparation of Tender Notes and Board Notes as they relate to changes or variations in design as required
- Prepares Design Criteria documents for use throughout construction phases
- Assists with the preparation of relevant documentation to the appropriate client and contractor
- Inspects and reviews approved designs to ensure compliance with user requirements, design criteria , as well as building and safety codes
- Inspects and reviews approved designs for constructability, cost effectiveness in construction and maintenance
- During the Design Process, coordinates the inputs and outputs of the design disciplines in accordance to the Terms and conditions of contract, in particular the approved project deliverables and execution schedule.
- Assists with providing solutions to design problems prior to and during the construction phase
- Inspects construction work in progress to ensure compliance with quality standards and specifications; takes action as necessary
- Inspects material samples and finishes to ensure compliance with quality standards, specifications and user requirements; takes action as necessary
- Prepares spatial and furniture and equipment layouts as scheduled
- Performs any other duties relative to the job function as may be necessary
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation.Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications inclusive of Cover letters and CV’s. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited instituitions will be accepted.All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on July 20, 2022. Hard copy applications should be submitted to:Divisional Manager, Human Resources, Level 5, UDeCOTT Head Office, 38-40 Sackville Street, Port of Spain
Please note that PROOF OF VACCINATION IS REQUIRED.
More flexibility. A job you love. A new career. It all starts here. Explore Jobs
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
Was US$599.99Now US$399.99 Was US$299.99Now US$279.99
Was US$199.99Now US$189.99
Was US$159.99Now US$139.99
US$270.00-8% Now US$249.00 IN STOCK
US$359.00-8% Now US$329.00 IN STOCK
US$349.00-14% Now US$299.00 IN STOCK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.