- This topic is empty.
July 12, 2022 at 12:56 am #997917daniellapenny4Participant
High Commission of Canada Vacancy, High Commission of Canada Vacancy, High Commission of Canada Vacancy, High Commission of Canada Vacancy, High Commission of Canada Vacancy
High Commission of Canada Vacancy
Program Support, IMC Immigration
Selection Process Nº: 79608-67
Salary: 161,342 TTD
Contract Type: Term (Full-time) (12 months)
Term Details: This position is a Locally Engaged Staff position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
Job Function: Administrative
Classification: LE – A1
Location: the High Commission of Canada to Trinidad and Tobago
Number of Vacancies: 1
Closing date for application: 22 July, 2022 at 23:59 UTC/GMT -4:00
Summary of Duties:
Under general supervision, provides multi-task support services for the delivery of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s programs through furthering the processing of applications, using procedural expertise, assisting officers in reporting and liaison, supporting program integrity, Visa Application Centre (VAC) governance, promotion and recruitment activities, and providing other support to clients. Requires attaining expertise in using department computer systems and carefully following established procedures and guidelines. The candidate is a team player, has great attention to detail, the ability to prioritize tasks, and effectively manage workloads in a timely manner.
Example duties may include entering, validating, and updating data; supporting various units with administrative tasks, and assisting with file management of electronic files for the Latin America and Caribbean region.
Area of Selection
This position is open to:
- Locally-engaged staff of the Embassy of Canada in Trinidad and Tobago, its consulates and consular agencies;
- General public who possess the right to work in Trinidad and Tobago or are able to obtain it by their own means before an appointment.
Please note that the High Commission of Canada to Trinidad and Tobago does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, language* and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate when applying to the position how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
*Language will be assessed further during the process.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
A minimum of a university degree from a recognized institution.
Advanced proficiency in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
A minimum of six months or 780 hours of recent* work experience within a professional office environment.**
*Recent is defined as within the last three years.
**You can meet this requirement either with full-time and/or part-time assignments; and either through one/more than one position.
The Rated Requirements are part of the essential qualifications and are relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies. Methods of assessment for rated requirements may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview (online pre-recorded/live or in-person), role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
Knowledge of software/systems required to produce, validate and update various reports, spreadsheets, presentations, correspondence, and databases. (MS Office suite, Google Drive, etc.)
- Demonstrating Integrity and Respect
- Focus on quality and details
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Client Service
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Ability to type, enter, and verify data in an electronic system with speed and
- Ability to analyze information to identify key issues or elements and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (writing and orally).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
- Basic (A2 according to CEFR) or higher level of written and spoken proficiency in French.
- Previous experience with the Global Case Management System (GCMS).
- Experience in data analysis and graphical techniques for writing and graphic representations (may include Visual Basic for Applications).
- Experience creating and editing professional correspondence and other products intended for external audiences.
- Availability to work overtime, often on short notice (annual leave may be restricted due to operational needs)
- Available to work in the office
Conditions of Employment:
Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
– Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
– Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
How to Apply
- You must submit your application using the “Apply online” function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered, unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
- Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
- You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
- Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
- Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or which are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to LES-E-Recruitment-WSHDC@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
- The language requirement for this position is identified under the essential qualifications (language). In consequence, the assessment process for this vacancy will be conducted in English.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates must provide an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks may be sought for candidates who succeeded all of the assessments.
- Please note that the High Commission of Canada to Trinidad and Tobago does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, successful candidates must provide a local residence address as proof of residence in the specified area of selection. This information is necessary to issue a letter of offer.
- As recently announced by the Government of Canada, the Policy for Mandatory Vaccination: Canada and the Mission Networkis suspended as of June 20, 2022. The Government of Canada will continue to assess the need for additional public health measures, including the possible reintroduction of a vaccination mandate at a later date.
- We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact us at LES-E-Recruitment-WSHDC@international.gc.ca to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- The results of this selection process may also be used to establish one or more pools of fully or partially qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the High Commission of Canada to Trinidad and Tobago which might arise following the completion of this selection process.
- For Canadian citizens/residents and Canadian dual nationals, please note that it is your responsibility to enquire with the Canadian Revenue Agency about any possible taxation implications linked to an employment with the Government of Canada.
More flexibility. A job you love. A new career. It all starts here. Explore Jobs
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
Was US$599.99Now US$399.99 Was US$299.99Now US$279.99
Was US$199.99Now US$189.99
Was US$159.99Now US$139.99
US$270.00-8% Now US$249.00 IN STOCK
US$359.00-8% Now US$329.00 IN STOCK
US$349.00-14% Now US$299.00 IN STOCK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.