Tagged: Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, Bank Teller Vacancy, Banking jobs, Career Opportunity, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, JMMB Teller Vacancy, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Piarco, Port of Spain, San Fernando, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, TUNAPUNA, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
August 17, 2023 at 4:03 pm #1010449williamdelvalleParticipant
JMMB Teller Vacancy, JMMB Teller Vacancy, JMMB Teller Vacancy, JMMB Teller Vacancy
JMMB Teller Vacancy
JMMB Trinidad and Tobago
Meets the transactional needs of clients of JMMB, and by extension other companies within the JMMB Group. Provides general cash management functions (receiving and paying out money).
Meets the transactional needs of clients of JMMB, and by extension other companies within the JMMB Group for which JMMB acts as the paying or receiving agent, by providing exceptional general customer service. Provides general cash management functions (receiving and paying out money) including but not limited to the receipting of incoming cheques, cash and negotiable instruments and the withdrawal of cheques and cash involved in the financial institution’s various transactions. Actively provides referrals for upselling and cross-selling as a part of the sales and marketing initiatives of the JMMB Group.
- Processes transactions against Client accounts on the Client’s request including but are not limited to deposits, withdrawals etc. after appropriate verifications.
- Attends walk-in customers wishing to buy or sell foreign exchange and collect remittance funds. Prepares the necessary documentation at the end of day for all cheques cashed, foreign currencies bought over the counter and remittance payments.
- Remains knowledgeable and aware of the rules and regulations pertaining to the Telling function.
- Receives input documents for cheques expected in settlement of Treasury deals. Ensures that the values and names on the cheques correspond with the amounts and names on the forms. Refer any discrepancies to the BOM or BSO level 2 before receipting.
- Ensures proper coding of all receipts before posting; matches and receipts the incoming funds ensuring that details are correctly and legibly written.
- Ensures input forms are signed and authorized before preparing the required receipts.
- Ensures all cheques/cash are receipted.
- Prepares the daily balancing reports for all cash transactions reconciling with T24 System. Passes on to the Branch Operations Manager/Lock-up Officer for final balancing.
- Upon posting of all receipts, passes all input documents to BOM/Operations Officers.
- Has personal responsibility for the cash and other negotiable instruments under control. Proper record of all receipts each day in systematic order and puts same in order at the end of the day for passing on to Proof Officer (Accounts Department).
- Ensures all Teller sheets are properly completed and filed daily. Maintains proper records of all Teller documents, receipts, lodgement slips, Teller sheets, and ensures that Supervisor signs them before passing off to the Accounts Department monthly.
- Accounts for all cancelled receipts.
- Maintains a tidy work area at all times and ensures that access to Teller area is restricted to Teller, Lock-up Officers and Manager of the department only.
Supports Branch efforts to meet its targets for profitability and market share through, but not limited to:
- Identification of prospective Clients, within the immediate and wider communities, and referring them to the appropriate Team Member in JMMB.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of sales, marketing, and public relations activities.
- Meets referral targets for offerings within the JMMB Group, as assigned.
- Provides feedback to the Company based on information gleaned from interacting with Clients.
- Hears Clients’ concerns and does an initial assessment of the situation.
- Refers Client for negotiations, detailed portfolio planning and contract discussions to relevant Team Member in the Branch.
- Responds to basic enquiries about products from Clients (e.g. existing interest rates, types of products available).
- Administers the disbursement of cheques in-keeping with Company policy, through:
- Disburses cheques upon proper written authorization from Clients or after verifying Client signature on Universal Client System.
- Disburses cheques for suppliers, upon verification of collector’s identification.
- Checks and update accordingly, Client’s information on the system (e.g. drivers license number, address, telephone number).
- Performs research and analysis on Client accounts as necessary. Identify counterfeit currency and take the appropriate actions.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies. Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line. Count and package loose coins. Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded. Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Performs other related duties from time to time.
- Tertiary level Diploma, CAPE or GCE “A” Levels in Business, Finance or Economics.
- Licensed by the Financial Services Commission, or a suitable candidate for licensing.
- Minimum of two years’ working experience, preferably in a financial institution.
- Working knowledge of financial sector instruments, laws, regulations, ethics and professional jargon.
- High level of computer literacy, particularly word processing.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
JMMB Teller Vacancy
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.