Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCY, Application for Employment, Biochemist I, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, Hospital jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MANAGER, Medical jobs, Ministry of Health, Port of Spain, SERVICE COMMISSION Vacancy, SERVICE COMMISSION Vacancy August 2023, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
August 23, 2023 at 8:40 pm #1010771berndalgeranoffParticipant
SERVICE COMMISSION Vacancy August 2023, SERVICE COMMISSION Vacancy August 2023, SERVICE COMMISSION Vacancy August 2023, SERVICE COMMISSION Vacancy August 2023
SERVICE COMMISSION Vacancy August 2023
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCY
Biochemist I (Range 53), Ministry of Health
Salary: $10,341· $11,960/$12,795
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the office of: Biochemist I (Range 53)
Persons wishing to apply can access the Application Form, Job Specification and the Application Checklist on the websites of the Service Commissions Department at http://www.scd.org.tt and the Ministry of Health at http://www.health.gov.tt.
Applicants are advised that the minimum age of recruitment of ofﬁcers shall be seventeen (17) years and, except where otherwise specified, the maximum age for recruitment shall be ﬁfty (50) years in accordance with Regulation 16 (1) of the Civil Service Regulations, made pursuant to the Civil Service Act, Chapter 23:01 of the Revised Laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
Interested officers/persons must send their application to
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health
63 Park Street,
Port of Spain,
on or before, but no later than September 4, 2023.
A list of shortlisted applicants will be posted on the Ministry’s website.
SHOULD YOU NEGLECT TO ATTACH/PROVIDE COPIES OF YOUR RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND EVIDENCE OF EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING AS OUTLINED IN THE APPLICATION CHECKLIST, THE PERMANENT SECRETARY WILL BE UNABLE TO DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE OFFICE AND YOU WILL BE DEEMED UNSUITABLE.
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health
Kind of Work
Professional work in the field of Biochemistry.
Distinguishing Features of Work
An employee in this class performs qualitative and quantitative biological and chemical research work in a laboratory to provide information for treating diseases, Work involves the development of methods, for the conducting of tests and analyses and the preparation of reports. Supervision is exercised over Scientific Assistants as regards the technical aspects of research and experimentation. Work is assigned by a professional superior and is performed with a considerable degree of initiative and independent judgment. Work is reviewed for accuracy through discussions and analysis of reports.
Examples of Work
- Conducts research to determine the action of foods, drugs, serums, hormones and other substances on the vital processes of living organisms; and prefers reports thereon.
- Isolates, analyses and identifies hormones, vitamins, allergens and enzymes to determine effect on body functions.
- Performs research with the aim of developing and improving biochemical methods.
- Tests biochemical methods and checks data obtained from analyses and experiments,
- Trains and supervises technicians engaged. in Metabolic and
- Nutritional work at laboratory.
- Advises on laboratory aspects of chemical and Public Health work.
- Performs related work as required.
Required Knowledges, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of biochemistry. Knowledge of Clinical and. Nutritional laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Skill in the use and care of chemical laboratory instruments, equipment and materials.
- Ability to make qualitative and quantitative analyses and organic and inorganic tests and to prepare complex reports, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to perform standard and non-routine analyses of a variety of substances and to investigate methods of analysis,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and associates.
Minimum Experience and Training.
Training as evidenced by the B.Sc. honours degree in Biochemistry from a recognised University; or its equivalent •
SERVICE COMMISSION Vacancy August 2023
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.