Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, law, lawyer jobs, Legal Jobs, MANAGER, SENIOR ATTORNEY LAND AND PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, WASA, WASA Jobs, WASA Vacancies, WASA Vacancy, WASA Vacancy Contract, WATER AND SEWERAGE AUTHORITY, work
- This topic is empty.
September 19, 2023 at 10:16 am #1011562wileyeppersonParticipant
WASA Vacancy Contract, WASA Vacancy Contract, WASA Vacancy Contract, WASA Vacancy Contract
WASA Vacancy Contract
WATER AND SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
SENIOR ATTORNEY LAND AND PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION (ON CONTRACT)
Application Deadline: 29th September, 2023
Human Resources Administration
In keeping with our commitment to be the leader in water and wastewater services within the Caribbean, we are seeking a passionate and dedicated individual whose legal contribution will support the achievement of organisational goals and initiatives. This is an opportunity to become a member of a dynamic Legal team committed to working collaboratively to provide sound advice and legal services to the Authority in a fast-paced corporate environment.
The Authority is seeking an experienced legal professional who can provide expert advice and opinions to safeguard the Authority’s interest in its landholdings and in the acquisition and/or disposal of property and other related land matters. The incumbent will be required to prepare legal instruments to give effect to conveyances, way leaves, easements, licences, leases and other land transactions and property related matters. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the Authority adheres to all legal requirements and procedures and will be required to liaise with external attorneys and stakeholders and to engage in negotiations for the resolution or settlement of land matters.
The position will require the incumbent to monitor changes in legislation and provide advice generally and guidance on laws, rules, regulations, procedures and policies, including in respect of assigned litigation matters. The incumbent will also be responsible for drafting and/or reviewing non-routine or complex contractual agreements, advising on commercial matters and initiating and taking conduct of legal proceedings and representing the Authority before the Court as and when required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Practising Attorney at Law for at least ten (10) years (inclusive of experience in litigation matters before the Court)
• Three (3) to five (5) years’ significant experience dealing with land and property matters.
THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE OR POSSESS:
- Excellent legal drafting and report writing skills
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent negotiation, research, advisory and communication skills
- Sound and practical knowledge of the laws of Trinidad and Tobago in particular Conveyancing and Land Law
- Sound analytical and reasoning skills in applying the law and legal procedures
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the Civil Proceedings Rules and Practice Directions
- Persuasive oral and written communication skills
- Ability to engage in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED BY:
Mail: Manager, Human Resources Administration Water and Sewerage Authority Head Office, Farm Road, St. Joseph
emailed to email@example.com
Unsuitable Applications will not be acknowledged.
WASA Vacancy Contract
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.