- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 7 months ago by Bad Man.
February 4, 2019 at 6:34 pm #737549Bad ManGuest
Chemical Engineer I, Point Lisas, Trinidad
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for monitoring plant performance, identifying process related plant problems and developing solutions to optimize plant production in order to reduce energy usage and improve plant reliability. This position also assists with the process design, co-ordination and execution of minor capital expenditure projects for maximizing production and reduction of operating and energy costs.
• Develops working knowledge of assigned plants and their support equipment as well as general knowledge of the other plants and site interdependencies.
• Monitors plant and equipment performance daily with the aim of identifying opportunities for optimization and improvement.
• Works with Operations, Reliability and SHE departments to optimize plant production, energy usage and improve overall plant reliability.
• Provides process-engineering support for plant shutdowns/turnarounds. This involves the co-ordination of catalyst unloading and loading, exchanger chemical cleaning, vessel inspections and supervision of capital projects.
• Supports the plant’s safety and environmental programs. Performs exposure-based observations and key procedure audits (KPAs) on a regular basis. Participates in process hazard analysis (PHA) and incident investigation/root cause analysis.
• Identifies process related plant problems and works with other departments and engineering firms to develop solutions for improved plant performance.
• Utilizes HYSYS/ASPEN simulation software to model and evaluate equipment, systems and plant performance.
• Evaluates catalyst performance, updates the catalyst changeout history and assists in the preparation of the catalyst budget.
• Performs efficiency evaluations of major plant equipment including compressors, pumps, heat exchangers and fired heaters.
• Evaluates steam system, cooling water system and carbon dioxide removal system.
• Plans catalyst changeout jobs. This involves arranging the supply of catalyst, catalyst contractors, nitrogen and nitrogen pumping contractors and developing catalyst unloading, loading and activation procedures.
• Monitors the chemical treatment program for the steam and cooling water systems and works with the chemical treatment contractor to ensure optimization of the treatment program.
• Performs process-engineering calculations including material and energy balances as well as vessel and line sizing calculations
• Manages, engineers and co-ordinates plant modifications and minor sustaining capital expenditure projects, ensuring compliance with company SHE regulations as well as its technical and economic requirements.
• Generates process engineering monthly report by the fourth working day of each month
• General knowledge of ammonia/urea processes.
• General knowledge of plant equipment, systems and catalysts.
• Ability of perform process engineering calculations.
• Basic knowledge of Project Management.
• Knowledge of SHE policies, procedures and MOC requirements.
• Written communication skills including technical report writing.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft office suite, DFS and HYSYS/ASPEN.
• BSc Chemical Engineering from a recognized institution
• 1-3 years in the petrochemical industry
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. T his job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
• *EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
Business Unit Nitrogen
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.