Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, CONTRACTUAL POSITION, CUSTOMER SERVICE, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, Government of Trinidad and Tobago, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Legal Officer, Legal Officer I, Legal Officer I (Contract), Ministry of Labour Vacancy, Ministry of Labour Vacancy August 2023, Port of Spain, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
August 21, 2023 at 11:30 pm #1010603rosemaryburnellParticipant
Ministry of Labour Vacancy August 2023, Ministry of Labour Vacancy August 2023, Ministry of Labour Vacancy August 2023, Ministry of Labour Vacancy August 2023
Ministry of Labour Vacancy August 2023
Government of Trinidad and Tobago
JOB DESCRIPTION: CONTRACTUAL POSITION
JOB TITLE: LEGAL OFFICER I
The incumbent is required to perform professional legal work in a Ministry/Department under the direct supervision of a higher-level legal officer. Duties include appearing in court, providing legal advice and opinions and drafting legal documents on the matters involving the Ministry/ Department. Depending on assignment, the incumbent may be required to perform some or the full range of the duties of the position.
Senior officer or another designated officer
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the Ministry/Department on matters before the courts.
- Provides advice on the less complex legal matters.
- Drafts the less complex legal documents and assists in the drafting of the more complex documents including contracts, leases and memorandums of agreements.
- Conducts research, interprets laws, rules and regulations and prepares legal opinions and briefs in respect of the less complex legal matters.
- Provides advice by supplying legal authorities based on research.
- Assists in performing court case preparation work such as interviewing witnesses, taking depositions and preparing pre-trial briefs and draft pleadings for filing.
- Assists in reviewing existing legislation, rules and regulations related to the Ministry’s/Department’s
- operations and recommending appropriate amendments.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of an up-to-date repository of laws, judgments, contract.
- precedents and related materials in respect of the Ministry’s/Department’s operations.
- Drafts Cabinet /Ministerial Notes, memoranda, letters and other documents on legal matters.
- Copies and collates relevant documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Knowledge of legal principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal research methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of the court procedures and practices and of rules of evidence.
- Some knowledge of the laws and regulations related to the Ministry/Department’s operations.
- Some knowledge of legal drafting principles and methods.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in the use of personal computers.
- Ability to use e-Government technology platforms.
- Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
- Skill in drafting legal documents/instruments.
- Ability to interpret and analyse the law and legal issues.
- Ability to present and explain statements of fact and the law, and to argue clearly and logically both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and members of the public.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- No experience required.
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognised institution.
- Legal Education Certificate or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Admission to practice Law in Trinidad and Tobago.
#APPLYNOW Applications are invited by suitably qualified persons for the following position within the Ministry of Labour: 1. Legal Officer l
Deadline: August 28th, 2023
For more information, click: https://bit.ly/3XoNXyy
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.