Tagged: ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, Auditor, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, Internal Auditor, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MANAGER, National Flour Mills Vacancy, National Flour Mills Vacancy 2023, NFM Jobs, NFM Vacancy, Port of Spain, Remote Jobs, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
- This topic is empty.
January 15, 2023 at 8:43 am #1004090laynestoddardParticipant
National Flour Mills Vacancy 2023, National Flour Mills Vacancy 2023, National Flour Mills Vacancy 2023, National Flour Mills Vacancy 2023
National Flour Mills Vacancy 2023
National Flour Mills is seeking to fill the position of Internal Auditor. The incumbent will lead and manage the Internal Audit function of the organisation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Internal Auditor effectively leads and manages the Internal Audit function with responsibility for the formulation of policies and procedures, the planning and conducting of audit programmes to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s established operating systems, policies, procedures and practices, the development and execution of the annual risk based audit plan in accordance with established standards and management of the Internal Audit Team.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Internal Auditor also reports to the Board of Directors on the adequacy of controls and systems for managing and mitigating risks. Plans and executes financial, operational and compliance audits in accordance with accepted Internal Auditing Standards and compliance with regulatory accounting bodies. The Internal Auditor provides reports to the Audit Committee and attends meetings as required.
- Manages the Internal Audit Team and ensures that the team skillset is adequate to the needs of the Organization.
- Creates the annual risk-based audit plan in consultation with the Executive Management and the Board of Directors in accordance with established standards.
- Plans and conducts audit programmes to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of established operating systems, policies, procedures and practices and to determine efficiency of internal controls.
- Designs programs to test controls; develops, implements and monitors appropriate audit plans, policies and procedures geared to the achievement of defined objectives; monitors the effectiveness of established policies and procedures and recommends modification and/or adjustment as necessary.
- Performs data analysis to identify anomalies or issues in the testing of controls, identifies the root cause for control deficiencies and evaluates management action plans to address deficiencies.
- Monitors the implementation procedures to correct potential risks or identified internal control gaps and follows up to assure any deficiencies have been resolved and sustained.
- Provides analyses, appraisals and recommendations on activities to ensure effective discharge of departmental responsibilities.
- Identifies key control points and weaknesses in the systems and/or functions and develops innovative and creative recommendations for mitigating risk and correcting unsatisfactory conditions.
- Prepares written reports, on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the system or function under review and presents findings for corrective action.
- Ascertains the extent to which the company’s assets are safeguarded from losses and are all accounted for, and where necessary initiates investigations into irregularities of a financial or operational nature.
- Liaises with external auditors to coordinate audit activities to ensure compliance with government regulations and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Prepares draft budget proposals and administers approved budget for audit department.
- Performs special audits and reviews as requested by the Audit Committee; undertakes investigative audits, analyses and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed objective opinion.
- Attends the Board of Directors’ Quarterly Audit Committee meetings and provides input on audits performed, key risk areas and management action plans.
- Performs other related duties as may be required by the job function.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation and member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- ACCA or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related discipline
- CISA designation would be an asset.
- At least ten (10) years of Internal Audit experience; five (5) of which must be at a management level with experience in managing and supervising staff.
- Intimate knowledge of IFRS and IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Proven supervisory skills and the ability to mentor staff and lead a professional team to achieve dedicated results.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE AND/OR KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent auditing and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and problem solving.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage the Audit team and deliver within strict timelines.
- Highly developed and effective leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others, resolve conflicts and communicate effectively.
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and objectivity in the performance of duties
- Ability to manage self and maintain professional independence and integrity in accordance with the IIA standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of integrity
Only those favourably considered will be contacted.
National Flour Mills Vacancy 2023
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.