Tagged: ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, Don Miguel Road Extension, El Socorro, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MAINTENANCE MANAGER, MANAGER, National Infrastructure Development Company Limited, NIDCO Vacancies, NIDCO Vacancies November 2022, Port of Spain, San Juan/Barataria, Senior Procurement Officer, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad. W.I, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
November 29, 2022 at 9:06 pm #1002210isabellaterry6Participant
NIDCO Vacancies November 2022, NIDCO Vacancies November 2022, NIDCO Vacancies November 2022, NIDCO Vacancies November 2022
NIDCO Vacancies November 2022
National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO)
Responsible for the overall maintenance program of the company’s fleet of passenger ferries.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall maintenance program of the company’s fleet of passenger ferries, providing leadership and direction to the maintenance teams, and supporting vessel availability, operations and reliability whilst administering effective cost control measures. The Maintenance Manager ensures that the fleet is maintained to the highest standards by ensuring that duly qualified service personnel, tools, equipment, spare parts and consumables are readily available in the time frame needed for successful job completion. This includes oversight of maintenance jobs documented in the Computerized Maintenance Manager System (CMMS) both planned and unplanned, as well as works performed by external contractors, all properly completed and in compliance with all national, international and classification society rules and regulations where applicable. The Maintenance Manager provides timely reports to the Maritime Services Manager on vessel performance, spare parts, and equipment reliability. The Maintenance Manager complies with safety policies and champions safety initiatives. Critical responsibilities also include vessel dry-docking management, shipyard management, project management and regulatory compliance.
- Reports to the Maritime Services Manager
- Works closely with Technical Manager and Team
- Works closely with the Port Captain, other Line Managers, plus internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the activities and performance of the Maintenance Department.
- Provide leadership for maintenance engineers and maintenance supervisors and technicians
- Closely manages and keeps the Maritime Services Manager apprised of all situations that affect a vessel’s seaworthiness and ability to carry passengers. Any deficiency that could possibly be deemed a “no sail” item by the
- Classification Society or Flag Administration shall be closely managed with all involved parties updated as required to have the least impact on operations
- Ensures Supervisors and Chief Engineers execute the tasks in accordance with the preventative maintenance system.
Ensures all breakdowns, unplanned maintenance are also properly documented in the CMMS
- Work with Maritime Services Manager to refine the Maintenance Strategy to maximize the life of the equipment, reduce service failures and reduce total cost of ownership
- Lead the maintenance budget process for vessels including dry-docking costs
- Monitor and report on actual costs, including monthly variance explanationsCommunicate daily with the Port
- Captain’s Office to coordinate and meet Customer needs and regulatory requirements
- Report on completed, pending and planned maintenance activities, revising projections as needed
- Conduct and maintain a current Service Risk Assessment to identify potential points of failure along with mitigation plans
- Manages maintenance staff on a day-to-day basis including scheduled work orders, vessel’s operational needs, vacation, sick, emergency leave and all timecards
- Oversees quality of maintenance work in the maritime fleet, facilities, and terminals
- Works with the shift leads and Inventory staff to ensure all materials needed to complete scheduled work are available as needed to support the schedule
- Manages subcontractors working on the fleet of vessels.
- Responsible for working with the Maritime Services Manager and the Inventory staff to ensure all subcontracting and materials are procured as per the company procurement guidelines
- Reviews vessel job cards and maintenance staff feedback to identify future maintenance needs and campaign work required to ensure the highest level of reliability
- Monitors the CMMS in all aspects such that accurate records of maintenance work and materials, are captured for future planning.
- Performs quality control inspections of all maintenance work, subcontractor and shipyard work. The quality of a subordinate’s work and subcontractor and shipyard quality control shall be the Maintenance Manager’s responsibility.
- Evaluates subordinates’ skill, knowledge and performance for use in identifying training needs.
- Reports disciplinary issues to the Maritime Services Manager to determine further courses of action
- Ensures maintenance personnel create proper handover reports between shifts and that they are readily accessible by the Maritime Services Manager
- Au courant with industry HSSE practices ensuring that all maintenance work is completed following established safe working practices utilizing the proper PPE for all maintenance personnel and subcontractors
- Works with operations team to troubleshoot, identify problems and provide resources to resolve issues that affect safe vessel operations
- In conjunction with the Maritime Services Manager, determines when and where vessels will be removed from service so that work can be scheduled accordingly
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers, vendors and all others contacted during work using principles of excellent customer service
- Maintains and manages a strict work schedule and ensures same is followed by subordinates.
- Establishes operating parameters on all items of on-board equipment and review systems data to ensure compliance.
- Complies to, and act in support of “the vessel” in the event of a real or simulated emergency.
- Engages in hands-on repairs and improvement projects as workload and criticality requires.
- Presents professional level of customer service and appearance to all internal and external.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of maritime laws, rules and regulations.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills with a strong emphasis for detail.
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
Budget forecasting skills, project management skills.
- Ability to put together packages for tender and to evaluate resulting bids
- Must be willing and capable to assist in diagnosing vessels problems and resolve same in a timely manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic, electrical and mechanical problems.
- Ability to work beyond standard office hours and respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis
- Requires frequent and extensive physical activities such as lifting and manipulating up to 50 lbs., bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, twisting, climbing, gripping, and other movements related to essential duties.
- Working inside and outside in all weather conditions. Work around fumes, odours and dust in an occasionally high noise level environment with appropriate personal protective equipment. Ability to wear a respirator.
- Willing to visit various local maintenance facilities and able to travel internationally as and when required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Kindly Send Applications to:The Human Resources ManagerNIDCO6B Don Miguel Road ExtensionEl Socorro ExtensionEl Socorro 280603
- BSc in Nautical Sciences – Engineering or Mechanical Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in repairs and maintenance on Mechanical and electrical equipment within a marine environment.
- Professional STCW III/2 unlimited Chief Engineer’s CoC preferably from Jamaica, United Kingdom or other European maritime administrations will be an asset.
- Previous experience maintaining High-Speed Craft will be an asset
- Previous dry-docking experience is required
- Proficient with computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Meet the specified medical requirements for fitness.
NIDCO Vacancies November 2022
Closing Date for Applications is Friday December 09, 2022
NIDCO Vacancies November 2022
Senior Procurement Officer
National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO)
Responsible for administering and monitoring the procurement process.
SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER
The Senior Procurement Officer shall support the Procurement Manager and is responsible for administering and monitoring the procurement process. The incumbent communicates with suppliers to ensure that the organisation receives the best value for money and that orders and contracts are in line with approved procurement procedures.
- Reports to the Procurement Manager
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support to the Procurement Manager in the preparation of the Annual Procurement Plan
- Assists in the development of standard procurement documents and/or procedures
- Contributes to the development of internal policies and procedures to improve integrity, efficiency and effectiveness of the functions
- Submits relevant procurement and disposal strategies to the Procurement Manager for consideration
- Solicits bids/offers from the supply market in a manner determined in the procurement plan
- Ensures that contractual documents reflecting the terms and conditions of the approved contract award or disposal are finalized with the Legal Department
- Creates tender lists and documentation based on projected requirement figures and bids, comparing prices, delivery dates and specifications
- Oversees vendor analysis process
- Creates and communicates project procurement strategies
- Develops, reviews, and suggests new or improved administrative, purchasing, and clerical procedures to maintain economy and efficiency of operations
- Maintains procurement management databases
- Nurtures professional and healthy relationships with vendors and suppliers and provides objective vendor performance appraisals.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Sound knowledge of procurement methods and procedures, laws, rules and regulations governing public procurement and the purchasing of items from local and foreign sources
- Ability to administer the entire procurement process, including developing and issuing of bidding documents, tender procedures, evaluation of bids, negotiation and monitoring contracts
- Sound commercial aptitude and sound knowledge of relevant Supplier Market
- Varied and successful procurement, contracts background with experience in negotiation developing, implementing procurement and contract strategies
- Ability to develop contract strategies using best practice in both private and public sector
- Significant experience of assessing pre-qualification, tender submission documents and managing supplier clarification meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS/MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Kindly Send Applicaitons to:The Human Resources ManagerNIDCO6B Don Miguel Road Extension
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Sector Management, Economics or any other related field
- Certificate in Public Procurement/CIPS Level 5
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in public procurement or any equivalent combination of experience and training
El Socorro Extension
EL SOCORRO 280603Closing Date for Applications: Friday 09th December 2022
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.