Tagged: ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, National Flour Mills Limited, NFM Vacancy, NFM Vacancy May 2023, Port of Spain, Senior Buyer, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
May 12, 2023 at 11:02 pm #1007550avasoquParticipant
NFM Vacancy May 2023, NFM Vacancy May 2023, NFM Vacancy May 2023, NFM Vacancy May 2023
NFM Vacancy May 2023
National Flour Mills Limited
The Senior Buyer is accountable for the preparation of Vendor performance, management reports, assists with the preparation of NFM’s annual procurement plan, the sourcing and acquisition of goods required by the Company.JOB SUMMARYThe Senior Buyer is accountable for the preparation of Vendor performance, management reports, assists with the preparation of NFM’s annual procurement plan, the sourcing and acquisition of goods required by the Company. The position is also responsible for ensuring that all documentation in support of the purchases is readily available and interfaces with suppliers locally, regionally and internationally. The Senior Buyer is required to have a sound knowledge of procurement legislation, practices, and procedures.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides the Procurement Officer with the Vendor performance and management reports on the basis of price, quality and on time in full delivery.
- Conducts Vendor evaluations in accordance with established standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Assists with the preparation of the NFM’s annual Procurement Plan.
- Receives and analyses requisitions for items and delivery requirements and issues requests for quotations for high value high risk items.
- Surveys markets for best or new supply sources both locally and internationally; interviews potential suppliers, negotiates the most favorable terms and conditions and contracts suppliers to deliver the required goods and services.
- Receives and analyses quotations from suppliers, checks specifications, compares products for desirability and usefulness and makes recommendation for the preferred source of supply.
- Creates purchase orders for approval within the desired time frame of seven (7) working days.
- Places orders in accordance with consumables specifications and receives timelines for the supply of same.
- Completes and submits all documentation necessary, in facilitating the purchasing process.
- Ensures that shipping arrangements are in place for the delivery of items to Trinidad & Tobago; coordinates and handles all logistics.
- Ensures that all importations are handled efficiently to guarantee a competitive retail price.
- Keeps track of and advises user departments of the status of their requisitions.
- Confirms receipt and clearance of related consumables, spare parts and non-production items with external purchasing agents.
- Makes arrangements for local clearance and warehousing of purchased items.
- Conducts research and keeps abreast of new products, markets and trends which will assist in making informed decisions.
- Submits periodic reports and analysis of buying activities.
- Adheres to all GMP, Food Safety and HACCP guidelines as per the position.
- Any other duties as required by the job function.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Level 5 CIPS
- BSc in Procurement/Supply Chain Management from an accredited University.
- Five (5) years relevant work experience in a Buying/Procurement environment preferably within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong working knowledge of business and contract law, and business acumen.
- Working knowledge of Logistics
- Working knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property Act, and the State Enterprise Performance Monitoring Manual
- Above-average time management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of GMP, Food Safety and HACCP guidelines.
NFM Vacancy May 2023
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.