Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR, Bridgetown, Career Opportunity, Editor, Editor (News) - Freelance, First degree in Journalism, Fixed term contract, Freelance Journalist, Full Time, Hamilton, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Journalism Jobs, journalism vacancies, MANAGER, Port of Spain, Sports Journalism, The Royal Gazette, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
June 25, 2023 at 3:58 pm #1008864gladishiggs6655Participant
ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR Vacancy, ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR Vacancy, ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR Vacancy, ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR Vacancy
ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR Vacancy
The Royal Gazette
The Royal Gazette Ltd in Hamilton, Bermuda, is looking to fill the position of Assistant News Editor
ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR (Bermuda)
Roles and responsibilities
Description: The position of Assistant News Editor works closely in conjunction with the News Editor and reports to the Editor. The Assistant News Editor is responsible for the creation of content for all media channels, including but not limited to print, online, tablet and social media. Your specific duties are as follows:
- Oversee news content through all channels — print, online, tablet, social media
- Ensure accurate reporting of assigned content in a timely manner in accordance with internal policies and procedure
- Copy-edit in conjunction with the News Editor, returning copy to reporters for rewriting when necessary
- Run the News team in the absence of the News Editor
- Manage the diary effectively to ensure that stories are not missed while allowing reporters to produce off-diary stories
- Write and post breaking newsletters and website updates in a timely fashion
- Ensure that stories appear on the website in good working order
- In the absence of the News Editor, conduct the morning briefing session with the reporters
- Provide the Editor with a detailed daily briefing at conference time and present a comprehensive news list
- Work closely with the photography department to ensure it is aware of all requirements
- Be responsible for forward planning to include upcoming events and important dates
- Ensure stories are ready for campaigns that the newspaper may be involved in
- Manage the reporters’ rota, including weekends
- Ensure that video links and PDF links are properly attached and are in good working order
- Assume News Editor weekend responsibilities on an alternating three-man rota
- Have a plan in place to welcome and develop interns and the younger shadow interns
- Abide by the Media Council Code of Conduct
- Abide by the electronically provided Royal Gazette style guide
- Ensure the approved dictionary is Collins (hard copy) or collinsdictionary.com (online)
- Ensure that the Tansa proofing tool is used efficiently and is regularly updated
- Maintain the holiday rota in the absence of the News Editor
- In the absence of the News Editor, provide to the Editor a twice-monthly record of reporters’ overtime, sick days and holiday taken
- Manage accrued lieu time in the absence of the News Editor
- Assist Human Resources with staff-related issues as and when required
- Normal start time to commence at noon, finishing at 8pm to provide maximum editorial cover.
- A minimum ten years’ experience as a journalist
- Three years spent in a supervisory role.
- Candidates should be qualified to NCTJ level or equivalent.
- Possess ability to shift gears seamlessly between breaking news and the news diary.
- Have a great appreciation for the value of social media.
- Must be willing to work unsocial hours, including weekends and public holidays.
All inquiries will be dealt with in strict confidence.
ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR Vacancy
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.