Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Junior Legal Officer, Lawyer, Legal Jobs, Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, PORT AUTHORITY VACANCY, Port Authority Vacancy September 2023, Port of Spain, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
September 4, 2023 at 9:44 pm #1011128spaarnoldoParticipant
Port Authority Vacancy September 2023, Port Authority Vacancy September 2023, Port Authority Vacancy September 2023, Port Authority Vacancy September 2023
Port Authority Vacancy September 2023
Junior Legal Officer
Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
The Junior Legal Officer performs professional legal work related to the Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (PATT) and its three (3) Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
PORT AUTHORITY OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
JUNIOR LEGAL OFFICER (CONTRACT)
The Junior Legal Officer performs professional legal work related to the Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (PATT) and its three (3) Strategic Business Units (SBUs). The incumbent reports directly to the Senior Legal Officer and is required to appear in court, provide legal advice and opinions, and draft legal documents on matters involving the PATT and/or its SBUs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents the interests of PATT and/or its SBUs in Court and before tribunals.
- Represents PATT in meetings and/or committees.
- Advises on legal issues relating to the administration, interpretation and enforcement of laws relevant to the PATT’s operation.
- Drafts complex legal documents including pleadings, contracts, leases, agreements and any other legal documents.
- Drafts Evidence and Arguments for employee matters before the Industrial Court.
- Provides legal opinions and briefs in respect of complex legal issues.
- Ensures that court preparation activities are undertaken in a timely manner e.g. witness statements, taking depositions and preparing pre-trial briefs and draft pleading for filing.
- Assists in the preparation of instructions for external counsel on legal matters involving PATT and/or its SBUs.
- Assists in planning, directing, coordinating and formulating legal policies etc. relevant to PATT and its SBUs
- Assists in the review of legislation/regulations related to PATT and/or its SBUs and advances recommendations.
- Conducts research and analysis, and reports on legal matters pertinent to PATT and/or its SBUs.
- Provides advice to the Board and/or Management as required.
- Participates in negotiations/consultations with internal/external stakeholders.
- Contributes to communication with stakeholders on legal issues.
- Attends Board Meetings as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertinent to PATT and its SBUs.
- Knowledge of legal drafting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of legal research skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of the court procedures and practices and of rules of evidence.
- Skills in drafting legal documents/instruments.
- Skills in negotiations/mediation.
- Ability to analyze and interpret laws and legal issues.
- Ability to present and explain statements of fact and the law, and to argue clearly and logically, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Law Degree (L.L.B.) from an accredited academic institution.
- Legal Education Certificate (L.E.C.) or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Admission to practice law in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ working experience as a practicing Attorney at Law.
Port Authority Vacancy September 2023
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.