Tagged: Career Opportunity, Digicel Group, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Journalism Jobs, journalism vacancies, Journalist vacancy, Loop News Vacancy, Loop News Vacancy September 2023, MANAGER, marketing, Multimedia Journalist, On-site, Port of Spain, TELEMARKETING, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
September 2, 2023 at 8:03 pm #1011072melodeelarcombeParticipant
Loop News Vacancy September 2023, Loop News Vacancy September 2023, Loop News Vacancy September 2023, Loop News Vacancy September 2023
Loop News Vacancy September 2023
Head of Content Operations and Strategy – Loop News
Digicel Group, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, On-site
About the job
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of apps spanning sports, news, local radio and podcasts, TV streaming, enhanced messaging and marketplaces and self-care, Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 25 markets in the Caribbean and Central America, its investments of over US$5 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 2 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 5,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit http://www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Job Title: Head of Content Operations and Strategy – Loop News
Primary Objective Of The Job
The Head of Content Operations and Strategy role revolves around oversight of the top to bottom activities of the Loop News content/editorial department. You will be responsible for leading a talented team of content creators and overseeing the production of both news and monetizable content across multiple markets through the Caribbean. Your primary focus will be on developing and executing effective strategies at a high level while also ensuring smooth daily operations within the team. This role reports into and works closely with the General Manager of Loop to achieve organizational objectives.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Team Leadership and Management:
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a diverse team of content creators, including writers, editors, videographers, and producers
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture, encouraging creativity, innovation, and professional growth
- Set clear goals and objectives for team members, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance evaluations
- Act as team lead for all content staff, with a direct reporting line into the Loop GM and acting as main liaison on behalf of the content teams
- Contribute and signoff on hiring decisions regarding future content writers, producers, videographers and freelancers.
- Content Strategy and Planning:
- Develop, execute, and constantly refine a comprehensive content strategy that aligns with the organizational goals of both Loop and Digicel and targets multiple markets
- Identify content trends, audience preferences, and content monetization opportunities.
- Monetization and Revenue Generation:
- Work closely with the sales and monetization team to identify opportunities for revenue generation through content, such as advertising, sponsorships, and partnerships
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to align content strategies with commercial objectives and drive monetization efforts
- Analyze performance metrics, user engagement, and market trends to optimize content for increased monetization potential.
- Editorial Oversight:
- Provides guidance and support to content creators, offering constructive feedback and fostering continuous improvement
- Maintains high editorial standards and ensures consistency, accuracy, and adherence to brand guidelines across all content produced is enforced
- Implements technology, guidelines, and processes to assist with maintaining high editorial standards across all content markets
- Acts as final point of approval for editorial escalations. Responsible for liaising with Legal and other stakeholders to set and enforce policies and procedures.
- Audience Engagement and Optimization:
- Monitor and analyze content performance metrics, audience engagement, and user feedback to optimize content for maximum impact
- Identify opportunities for content optimization and improvements based on data-driven insights and industry best practices
- Keep track of and report KPIs to measure the effectiveness of our content and take action to improve areas of underperformance vs KPIs
- Collaborate with marketing and analytics teams to develop strategies for increasing audience reach, engagement, and conversion.
- Cross Functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with internal teams, including marketing, product development, sales and distribution, to ensure seamless integration and alignment of content initiatives
- Foster effective communication channels to gather feedback, address challenges, and implement improvements across different departments
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in content production and editorial practices.
Academic Qualifications And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field
- Proven experience (7+ years) in leading and managing content production/news teams, preferably in a multi-market or global environment.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Strong editorial background is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of content strategy and audience engagement best practices
- Proficiency in leveraging analytics and data-driven insights to optimize content strategies and enhance audience engagement
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team of content creators in multiple markets
- Strong project management abilities, with the capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across different functional teams.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.
Loop News Vacancy September 2023
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- Team Leadership and Management:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.