Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, Corporate Communications Specialist, CUSTOMER SERVICE, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, HDC Vacancy, HDC Vacancy September 2023, Housing Development Corporation, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MANAGER, marketing, Port of Spain, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
September 5, 2023 at 8:37 pm #1011137dkenfhskvmfseParticipant
HDC Vacancy September 2023, HDC Vacancy September 2023, HDC Vacancy September 2023, HDC Vacancy September 2023
HDC Vacancy September 2023
Corporate Communications Specialist
Housing Development Corporation
Job DescriptionJOB PURPOSE:The incumbent is required to play a key role in the conceptualisation and design of corporate communication strategies and programmes relevant to the Trinidad and Tobago Housing Development Corporation. The incumbent is also required to provide support for all media relations and events management activities of the Corporation and its Subsidiaries.WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to the Manager, Corporate Communications
- Works closely with service providers, internal and external stakeholders
Key and Critical ResponsibilitiesMAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of corporate communications strategies and programme’s relevant to the Corporation and its Subsidiaries.
- Assists in upholding the brand and image of the Corporation and its Subsidiaries.
- Assists in the development of protocol, procedures, practices in accordance with established standards and the Corporation and its Subsidiaries’ requirements.
- Conducts site visits and confers with team members and other stakeholders to ensure work done for events is in accordance with the Corporation’s requirements.
- Conducts research and utilizes data in the analysis and evaluation of information for the preparation of media briefs, policy documents and presentations.
- Prepares reports/media briefs/correspondence in accordance with the Corporation’s requirements.
- Represents the HDC at meetings and in other fora on matters related to media relations, event management or corporate communication matters.
- Assists in managing the Performance Management Systems for relevant employees
- Assists in coaching and mentoring of relevant employees.
- Assists in the development of the department’s budget in accordance with strategic and operational plans of the Corporation and its Subsidiaries.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Provide expert advice to internal clients on building and protecting the Corporation’s brand name and image.
- Works closely with policymakers to identify and interpret research information needs.
- Establishes guidelines for the Corporation in planning and executing appropriate responses to
- adverse publicity.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research to assess the communications environment, both in general and for specific communications campaigns/projects.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop internal and external Communication goals for the purpose of identifying audiences for marketing efforts and ensuring that the objectives of the Corporation are achieved in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Communicates with various stakeholders for the purpose of informing and/or presenting information through various mediums (e.g. manual and electronic presentations, printed publications, e-mails, web pages, video, blogs, TV spots, etc.) in alignment with the vision, goals and objectives of Corporation and its Subsidiaries.
- Performs any other related duties and responsibilities consistent with the job title/position.
Key CompetencyQUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Studies, Mass Communications, Journalism or English; or equivalent qualifications in a related discipline;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Corporate Communications or Marketing or Public Relations in a similar position with at least five (5) years’ supervisory experience in a similar environment; or
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of media issues, social marketing theory and practice, communications strategies and implementation and behaviourial sciences.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, public relations, advertising, promotion and other marketing communication methods.
- Extensive knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, planning and strategy, and the role of mass media.
- Knowledge of the constitution of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago.
- Considerable knowledge of protocol procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, desktop publishing and communication technologies such as web applications, design/illustrations software and/or databases.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and interpersonal).
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a strong command of English.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Working knowledge of events management.
- Sound negotiation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and critically.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, work to deadlines, and handle pressure.
- Ability to work in a diverse, dynamic environment.
- Ability to multitask and complete numerous tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Effective problem-solving, time management, planning and organizational skills.
HDC Vacancy September 2023
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.