Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Legal Officer, Legal Officer I, Legal Officer I (Contract), PATT, PATT Jobs, PATT Vacancies, Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, PORT AUTHORITY VACANCY, Port Authority Vacancy March 2023, Port of Spain, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
March 23, 2023 at 8:28 pm #1006137poppybixby5Participant
Port Authority Vacancy March 2023, Port Authority Vacancy March 2023, Port Authority Vacancy March 2023, Port Authority Vacancy March 2023
Port Authority Vacancy March 2023
Legal Officer I (Contract)
Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
The Legal Officer I (Contract) is required to perform professional legal work for the Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago.
PORT AUTHORITY OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
VACANCY: LEGAL OFFICER I (CONTRACT)
The Legal Officer I (Contract) reports directly to the Senior Legal Officer and/or the Junior Legal Officer and is required to perform professional legal work for the Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago. The incumbent will provide legal advice/guidance on matters related to the Port Authority. The Legal Officer I shall appear in court, provide legal advice and opinions and draft legal documents on the matters involving the Port Authority on assignment
- Represents the Port Authority on matters before the courts
- Provides advice on the less complex legal matters
- Drafts the less complex legal documents and assists in the drafting of the more complex documents including contracts, leases and memorandums of agreements
- Conducts research, interprets laws, rules and regulations and prepares legal opinions and briefs in respect of the less complex legal matters
- Provides advice by supplying legal authorities based on research
- Assists in performing court case preparation work such as interviewing witnesses, taking depositions and preparing pre-trial briefs and draft pleadings for filing
- Assists in reviewing existing rules and regulations related to the Port Authority/Department’s operations and recommending appropriate amendments
- Assists in the development and maintenance of an up to date repository of laws, judgments, contract precedents and related materials in respect of the Port’s/Department’s operations
- Drafts Cabinet Notes, memoranda, letters and other documents on legal matter
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned
Required Knowledgeable, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze and Interpret laws and legal issues
- Considerable knowledge, understanding and application of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent project management skills.
Qualification/ Experience and Training:
- Bachelor of Law Degree (L.L.B.) from a recognized institution
- Legal Education Certificate (L.E.C.)
- A valid up-to-date Practicing Certificate;
- A minimum of one (1) year working experience as a practicing Attorney
- Any other equivalent combination of qualifications, training and working experience will be given consideration.
Port Authority Vacancy March 2023
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
@sweettntmagazine Superstitions in Trinidad & Tobago Turn Your Back #shorts #oldwivestales#tradition #legends #culture #myths#superstitious#Superstition#ghost #spirit ♬ original sound – sweettntmagazine – Jevan Soyer
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.