Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, Compensation and Benefits Administration, CUSTOMER SERVICE, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, HDC Vacancy, Housing Development Corporation, Housing Development Corporation Vacancy, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MANAGER, Port of Spain, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
August 24, 2023 at 11:28 pm #1010815teresitadooleyParticipant
Housing Development Corporation Vacancy, Housing Development Corporation Vacancy, Housing Development Corporation Vacancy, Housing Development Corporation Vacancy
Housing Development Corporation Vacancy
About Housing Development Corporation
Vision- To be internationally recognized as a leader in providing innovative and affordable services and solutions for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago. Mission- To expand the supply of affordable and quality rental home-ownership opportunities through building safe communities for the families we serve, thereby improving quality of life for residents. Core Values Excellence – The HDC must go beyond doing its best. It must adhere to the highest standards in all aspects of its operations and demonstrate an ability to do so consistently.
Head OfficeWork Location: 44-46 South Quay, Port of SpainContact: 612 -7HDC (7432)Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo expand the supply of affordable and quality rental home-ownership opportunities through building safe communities for the families we serve, thereby improving quality of life for residents.
Manager, Compensation and Benefits Administration
Housing Development Corporation
The incumbent is required to plan, develop and implement compensation and benefit programmes, policies and procedures to align with the goals of the of the HDC Group and assurance of accurate compensation and benefits. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the Corporation compensation programmes are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
- Reports to the Divisional Manager, Human Resources.
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders.
Key and Critical Responsibilities
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic & Transformational Role:
- Prepares data analysis on increases, efficiency ratio, productivity measures on compensation and benefit matters (pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations) to the Corporation and other stakeholders.
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs (non-monetary and monetary).
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Manages ‘leave’ for all employees within the Corporation & its’ subsidiaries inclusive of leave records, leave computing and leave forms in compliance with the Leave & Break Policy.
- Manages the Corporation’s Group Health Plan.
- Administers the Pension Plan for the Monthly-Paid and Daily-Rated employees.
- Designs a fair, equitable and competitive total rewards package and incentive plans that aligns with the Corporation’s strategy and business goals.
- Operations Oversight Role:
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data related to compensation and benefits.
- Ensures that the Corporation’s pay scale and plans complies with changing state laws and regulations.
- Oversees the distribution of pay and benefits information to the Corporation’s employees.
- Oversee the work activities of the compensation and payroll support team.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Work with managers to help develop promotion and retention strategies for existing employees.
- Assists with job evaluations and the annual merit process as per the Corporation’s policy.
- Develops and implements wellness initiatives.
- Facilitates compensation and engagement surveys by designing data collection instruments, collecting, collating and analysing data and making appropriate justification.
- Liaises with relevant actuaries to compute pension for Monthly-Paid and Daily-Rated retirees.
- Liaises with other insurance health providers regarding new proposals and recommends any amendments to existing plan or change in service provider.
- Perform research on the organisations pay structure focusing on retaining and attracting top performers.
- Review of incentives and benefits, commissions, bonuses for categories of employees.
- Troubleshoots IHRIS system as it relates to present module operations and the Corporation’s requirements.
- Performs any other related duties and responsibilities consistent with the job title/position.
- Leadership/Relationship Role:
- Manages the Performance Management System for relevant employees.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to subordinate employees.
- Prepares and submits reports in accordance with the Corporation’s requirements.
- Contributes to the development of the Division’s budget.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Corporate Service Responsibility/Public Trust/Compliance/Risk:
- Assesses the impact of proposed/existing company legislations, regulatory policies, laws and regulations pertinent to Compensation and Benefits and make recommendation for amendments.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Represents the Corporation at meetings and other fora on compensation and benefit matters.
- Identifies operational and reputational risks in the area of Compensation and Benefits and develop/implement mitigation measures to address issues identified.
- Vacation Leave Roster
- Performance Appraisal
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Succession Planning
- Reward and Recognition
- Employment Contracts
- Training Plan
- Policy and Procedure Reviews and Recommendations
- Unpaid Employee Obligations
- Employee Allowances Report
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in HR related field e.g. Human Resource Management, Economics, Business Management; or equivalent qualification in a related discipline;
- BSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Finance or relevant field;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in experience in employee compensation and benefits administration with eight (8) years’ at a supervisory level in a similar position; or
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of building compensation packages and bonus programs for various departments and seniority levels.
- Knowledge of Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP).
- Knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis systems.
- Knowledge of People Soft Business Process in the full People Soft Human Resource Modules, HRIS or payroll software.
- Knowledge of the principles of office management and financial administration.
- Working knowledge in Collective Bargaining and Industrial Relations/Employee Relations (IR/ER) regulations and practices.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to lead and develop talent and teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to influence & negotiate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to multitask and complete numerous tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and critically.
- Ability to work in a diverse, dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Effective problem-solving, time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution, analytical, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of pension regulations and practices.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal).
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Housing Development Corporation Vacancy
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.