- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 8 months ago by Suewal.
January 16, 2019 at 12:05 am #716644SuewalGuest
Process Engineer Shell
Process Engineer Shell Job Description
Shell Process Engineer is accountable for providing operational support to the producing assets in the Shell Trinidad and Tobago assets (i.e., Hibiscus, Poinsettia, Dolphin platforms, as well as the Central Hub and Beachfield Onshore Facilities). The Process Engineer is a member of the Operations Delivery Team. which is a multifunctional team set up to deliver production- and optimization/planning support to the respective site. The focus of the role is to safeguard production through optimization of the production system, integrated activity planning, and management of threats and opportunities from reservoir to market, to achieve safe and efficient production.The Process Engineer plays an important role in process safety and safe delivery of production within the Shell Trinidad and Tobago assets. The Process Engineer provides process engineering asset focal point responsibilities with functional direction from the Process Engineer Discipline Lead (TA2).
Process Engineer Shell Function:
- Key focus areas will be process engineering support to Operations and capacity optimization. including identification, maturation and execution of Well, Reservoir, and Facilities Management (WRFM) and other HTE opportunities.
- Exposure to safe process operations, transfer of process operations knowledge to the frontline teams and support to Projects will be required.
- Day to day support to Production Operations of the following:
- Operational excellence.
- Operational troubleshooting.
- Production system optimization.
- Continuous improvement of operations.
Process Engineer Shell Responsibilities:
- Process support to the asset stakeholders in the Asset.
- Execute work in accordance with asset priorities.
- Asset Integrity & Process Safety.
- Ensure that facility operating envelope(s) are defined within design integrity envelope(s).
- Drive compliance with the Process Engineering components of the Shell Process Safety Standards.
- Process engineering technical standards and guidelines, and assurance thereof.
- Production System Optimization (PSO):
- Monitoring and optimization of asset operation.
- Production system surveillance.
- Support to good environmental performance, energy efficiency, emissions to air and discharges to water and sea.
- Process engineering and system modeling techniques.
- Identification of improvements, plant modifications and procedures as justified.
- Liaise with relevant parties, minor modifications and project engineering to achieve safety and cost leadership in process modifications.
- Design, commissioning and startup support for minor modifications and projects.
- Member of Ops Delivery Team, working with other disciplines to support the asset.
- Attend asset daily morning calls and other meetings as needed.
- Support RCAs.
- Initiate / review / lead MOCs with support from Discipline lead.
- Support WRFM process Deliver cost reductions for Discipline.
- Participate in HAZIDs, Bowties, ALARP discussions and HAZOPs.
- Review new project opportunities versus topsides equipment constraints and propose solutions to support the respective projects (via the assigned OR&A lead).
- Use the Integrated Activity Plan and Managing Threats and Opportunities processes to define and execute process engineering-specific activities on the asset.
- Support HTE initiatives at the assigned asset and for the discipline.
- Develop, maintain & and improve steady state, dynamic, and flare system process models for Asset as applicable.
- Provide benchmarked process models for producing assets to assist with operating envelope.
- Determination and identification of production optimization opportunities.
- Lead Annual Facilities Reviews.
- Support asset turnaround work scope identification, planning, and technical review.
- Perform Identify/Assess level studies for green and brown field expansion projects as they occur and lead the execution where possible.
- Develop & maintain equipment operating envelopes for Process Equipment.
Drive compliance and assurance of:
- Process Engineering components of the Shell Process Safety Standards.
- Process engineering technical standards, guidelines, local SOPs and best practices.
- Manage the asset Relief & Vent documentation.
- Perform 5- year review and update as necessary.
- Perform PSV sizing and rating calculations as necessary for new projects or changes (MOCs).
- Mentor and develop graduate-level engineering staff.
- Pursue personal training and development opportunities (minimum of TA3 and where possible TA2 certification).
- Provide technical support to other process engineers.
- Support GHG abatement / methane improvement projects for respective facility.
- Ability to challenge ideas and designs, intervention orientated, challenging the team when weak signals emerge which threaten the business goal.
- Support ORA development for respective facility.
Shell Company Description
As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell is committed to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance; to upholding honesty, integrity and respect for people in every aspect of our operation; and to the equal treatment and development of staff. Shell has been active in Trinidad for a century. Our business activities in Trinidad include exploration and development activities, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and providing high technical support to a state company.The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavor to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
- 5 years proven experience in the Oil & Gas industry or Chemical Processing industry.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering.
- Experience in process safety is required.
- Experience in Oil & Gas or petrochemical process/operations is required.
- Proven knowledge of gas, condensate and oil processes.
- Proven knowledge of international process engineering standards.
- Strong engineering skills (with experience in working across multiple disciplines).
- Technical expertise and skill in:
- Process Safety.
- SCE management.
- MOC/Plant Change Management.
- Operating and design envelopes.
- Knowledge in concepts such as process safeguarding, HEMP, demonstration of ALARP.
- Knowledge and understanding of techniques for monitoring and improving process safety.
- Experience in working in a multidiscipline/”matrix” environment.
- Proven commitment to delivering results within time and budget with a service-oriented focus.
- Strong analytical abilities and practical approach.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to network and influence at all levels.
- Detail understanding of the relevant parts of Operational Excellence/AMS.
- A drive for continuous improvement.
- Effective team working and good written/verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven and strong finishing capabilities.
- Seek and understand assets priorities and adapt continuously.
- Interaction includes various departments in the assets, such as the Frontline Operations Team, Operations Delivery Team, Operations Support Team, Maintenance and Reliability Team, Developments Team, WRFM Team (including Production Technologists), Well Engineering Team, Projects & Technologies team (including the Project Engineering and Execution arms), and HSE.
- Responsible to agree priorities and manage expectations and delivery with these customers.
- Technical coaching of process engineering graduates (where applicable) and frontline staff.
Click here to apply to the position of Process Engineer Shell
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Apply to more job vacancies here
See articles on Trinidad and Tobago here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.