Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, CUSTOMER SERVICE, employment, employment opportunity, Executive Assistant, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT VACANCY, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Port of Spain, Procurement, TELEMARKETING, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Udecott Executive Assistant Vacancy, UDeCOTT Vacancy, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
September 21, 2023 at 7:08 pm #1011609dustinnguyen7Participant
Udecott Executive Assistant Vacancy, Udecott Executive Assistant Vacancy, Udecott Executive Assistant Vacancy, Udecott Executive Assistant Vacancy
Udecott Executive Assistant Vacancy
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant DIVISION: Procurement REPORTING TO: Chief Procurement Officer
The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative support to the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) to contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Department.
The incumbent is responsible for liaising with key internal stakeholders and ensuring that effective communication is facilitated for overall organizational effectiveness. The incumbent is also responsible for supervising the Administrative and Clerical staff in the Department.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related discipline from an accredited academic institution
- Professional Certificate in Administrative (Professional) Secretaryship from an accredited academic institution will also be considered.
- Basic knowledge of the Companies’ Act and other legislation
- Basic knowledge of the State Enterprises Performance Monitoring Manual
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools and software relevant to job functions
- Proficiency in the operation of routine office equipment
- Minimum of (8) years’ experience performing
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Development of Human Capital
- Supports the CPO in the administration of the HRM function within the Division.
- Ensures that employees of the Department complete and submit leave forms as necessary.
- Assists in the development of an annual vacation leave roster for the Division.
- Ensures that the leave records of employees within the Division are up to date and reconciled with that of the HR Division.
- Ensures that all information relative to the HRM function in the Department is officially communicated to the HR Division as and when required.
- Assists in the preparation of reports/spreadsheets/presentations as required by the CPO
- Assist in training and guiding staff on approved Departmental procedures and processes for example: requisitioning of stationery
- Supervises Administrative and Clerical staff to ensure professional standards are maintained and all approved administrative policies and procedures are adhered to
- Manages the calendar and schedule of the CPO to ensure that meetings and appointments are recorded as necessary
- Manages and coordinates all arrangements for meetings, workshops, conferences and other similar events, both internally and externally, by providing logistical support
- Prepares meeting agenda and facilitates the taking of minutes/notes
- Ensures that the CPO is kept up to date on the status of actions and decisions as approved for implementation by the Department
- Receives and records all incoming correspondence including requests for information, submits to the CPO and takes action as directed by the CPO
- Coordinates activities related to processing, maintaining and updating of manual and electronic correspondence, documents and databases and office support as necessary
- Assists the CPO in the compilation of documents and related reports for the information of the CEO and/or Board of Directors
- Contributes to the re-engineering of Departmental procedures and policies as a means of improving Departmental work practices and arrangements
- Undertakes research, conducts analysis and prepares complex correspondence, reports, spreadsheets and other confidential documents including Board/Cabinet Notes
- Maintains liaisons with other Divisions/Departments to ensure that the needs of the Division are met and that feedback is provided as necessary
- Ensures that the records management function of the Department is maintained in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- Coordinates all arrangements for overseas travel as necessary
- Performs advanced administrative/secretarial support to the CPO
- Receives and screens incoming calls and visitors, determining priority matters and notifying superior accordingly.
- Operates standard office equipment and ensures routine maintenance – reports on any malfunctions and conducts necessary follow-up
- Ensures that adequate levels of stationery and office supplies are maintained for the Department.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the CPO.
Dimensions and Scope of Role
- Operates within the Policies and Procedures of the Corporation
- Operates within Scope and limits of authority.
- Performs work of a highly confidential nature
- High degree of accuracy in preparing reports
- High degree of confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
Key Behavioral Competencies
Customer Focus: Has a strong understanding of the ‘gold’ standards service requirements and the significance to the success of the business; Demonstrates a willingness to respond promptly to internal and external needs.
Personal Attributes: Uses initiative and demonstrates a positive work attitude, self-confidence and high level of energy; Is well motivated to perform with minimum supervision; Accepts change positively and adjusts to the demands of the job; Reports to work punctually and regularly; Displays honesty, high level of confidentiality and credibility in work situations.
Team Player: Performs role assigned in the interest of the team’s success as against individual concerns; Conveys appreciation to other team members and allows others freedom to contribute to group projects.
Communication: Communicates in a logical and organized manner; communicates well with all levels within the organization
Business Awareness: Understands the wider business environment in the context of delivering short-term value; Ability to deliver results which add value to the department and to the Corporation.
Problem Solving: Is able to analyze data and suggest solutions to problems to allow for efficiency and quality improvements within the work unit.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reports/Correspondence are completed accurately and within stipulated timeframes
- Records Management function is maintained in accordance with approved policy and procedure
- Positive feedback from Internal and External Customer
Udecott Executive Assistant Vacancy
Interested candidates must submit a complete application package comprising of:
(i) Cover Letter;
(iii) Copies of Academic Certificates;
Applications are to be submitted either via email to email@example.com or via hard copy to:
The Divisional Manager, Human Resources
Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (UDeCOTT)
38-40 Sackville Street
The deadline dates for receipt of the completed applications are as followed:
Executive Assistant, Procurement Department – September 25, 2023, no later than 4:00pm
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.