Tagged: ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT, ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, Couva, employment, employment opportunity, energy jobs, Full Time, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Payroll, Phoenix Park Accounts Assistant Vacancy, Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited, Phoenix Park Vacancy, Point Lisas, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
July 28, 2023 at 11:10 pm #1009764janeenbyronParticipant
Phoenix Park Accounts Assistant Vacancy, Phoenix Park Accounts Assistant Vacancy, Phoenix Park Accounts Assistant Vacancy, Phoenix Park Accounts Assistant Vacancy
Phoenix Park Accounts Assistant Vacancy
Accounts Assistant – Payroll
Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited
The position of Accounts Assistant, Payroll reports to the Supervisor, Financial Accounting. The incumbent is responsible for the processing, monitoring, and reporting of transactions involving Payroll for PPGPL including its subsidiaries and new business ventures.
Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited
Position Title: Accounts Assistant – Payroll Department: Finance, Technology & Risk Status: Permanent Position reports to: Supervisor, Financial Accounting Work coordinated by: Supervisor, Financial Accounting Position coordinates work of: None
The position of Accounts Assistant, Payroll reports to the Supervisor, Financial Accounting. The incumbent is responsible for the processing, monitoring, and reporting of transactions involving Payroll for PPGPL including its subsidiaries and new business ventures. The position is responsible for and contributes in the provision of timely and accurate accounting information and advice on the company’s cash management status. The incumbent also records all payroll related transactions in the accounting system. These activities are expected to be conducted safely, cost-effectively, and reliably and must be delivered in a manner that consistently adds value to PPGPL’s overall business process. The position is also required to provide related support to the group of companies, its subsidiaries and new business ventures as required.
The accurate and timely processing and recording of accounting transactions form the basis of an effective accounting and reporting system. The position of Accounts Assistant, Payroll discharges all payroll accounting duties in the Finance Department of PPGPL including its subsidiaries and new business ventures. Primary among these duties is the accurate and timely processing of payroll which includes standing order payments, the remittance of statutory deductions and maintenance of record keeping activities to adequately reflect the status of same. These duties are performed in accordance with the Income Tax Act of Trinidad and Tobago and the relevant laws of the USA and Canada.
The Accounts Assistant, Payroll is also the administrator of the company’s corporate pension plan – 134(6). In this regard, the incumbent prepares the relevant forms for filing with the Board of Inland Revenue ensuring no exposure to the company and follows up on approvals for new and revised applications as well as handover at retirement. Similarly, the incumbent is responsible for administration of the employees’ 401(k) plan for US based employees and RRSP for the Canadian based employees.
The position assists in the monitoring of those transactions which impact PPGPL’s cash management position and maintains a record of bank reports for the company’s accounts at the relevant financial institution(s). The position is constrained by demands for timeliness and accuracy since these are critical to the service-delivery standards of the Finance Department.
The incumbent from time to time, is required to respond to employee queries and must therefore evidence a sensitivity to employee concerns as well as have a thorough understanding of PPGPL’s personnel policies and procedures. The position of Accounts Assistant, Payroll operates under general guidance, has access to professional assistance at the supervisory level, functions within clearly prescribed rules, regulations and internal controls and is bounded by clear performance expectations.
Individual’s Safety Responsibility
It is the responsibility of each employee to protect oneself as well as fellow workers from injury. Work shall be conducted according to established safe practices and procedures. Please refer to Phoenix Park’s Safety Manual.
Nature and Scope
The position of Accounts Assistant, Payroll, is generally accountable for the provision of general accounting support services, the maintenance of accurate records, the timely and accurate processing of PPGPL and its subsidiaries payroll, processing of standing orders for employees, generation of associatedaccounting reports and the monitoring of PPGPL’s bank accounts. The position has the contributory responsibility for preparing payroll-related account reconciliations, TD4 reconciliations, and monthly payroll bank reconciliations, processing of travel expense reimbursements, distribution and remittance of employee emoluments, preparation of overtime reports and the resolution of pay-related queries. The position is also vested with the responsibility for preparing and dispatching standing order cheques and for ensuring that employees are within 1/3rd of their chargeable income for 134(6) purposes and administration of the employees’ 401(k) plan for US based employees and RRSP for the Canadian based employees. The position supports the cash management function by printing the relevant bank reports from the company’s accounts at our financial institution monthly. The position interfaces internally with all levels of the organization and externally with customers / suppliers. This position has no financial authority.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of PPGPL and its subsidiaries payroll and thedevelopment of automated systems to enhance same.
- Prepares standing order payments on behalf of employees.
- Prepares the relevant payroll reports.
- Ensures the accurate deduction and remittance of statutory payments.
- Completes statutory documents e.g., NIS, TD4.
- Ensure employees are within 1/3 of their chargeable income for 134(6) purposes – corporate pension and within the relevant limit for the 401(k) and RRSP.
- Prepares and enters general ledger journals for the company’s payroll into Oracle financials, the General Ledger and Accounts payable modules.
- Accurately reconciles all Payroll related accounts and bank account related transactions.
- Resolves pay-related disputes and queries in accordance with existing personnel policies and procedures with employees and financial institutions.
- Monitors the cash balance in TT dollar accounts and top up when necessary.
- Document Management – Responsible for filing all Payroll related documents, current and at the Record Centre.
- Updates the payroll budget with actual on a monthly basis.
- Prepares the Overtime Report with comparison to budget for circulation to budget owners.
- Processing and accounting for payroll and non- payroll payments.
- Ensures timely payment of corporate credit cards and resolve any issues which may arise with our bankers.
- Requests US funds from PPGPL’s bankers for employees travelling on Company’s business.
- Responsible for managing and reimbursing petty cash float USD and TTD.
- Manages and administrates the HR Plus system.
Minimum Acceptable Academic Qualifications
Completed Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) fundamentals level (Equivalent to Level 2). Certification in US payroll – such as APA Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
Minimum Number of Years of Relevant Experience
Three (3) years’ experience in an Accounting environment, with specific experience in payroll preparation.
Specific Skills or Knowledge
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office suite, Payroll application (HR Plus), Oracle Business suite anddatabase capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of regulations within Trinidad and Tobago, USA, and Canada governing P.A.Y.E., Income Tax, Section 134(6), N.I.S. and Health Surcharge
- US and Canadian tax and compliance issues (payroll administration, state and federal)
- Set up employees for access to the payroll application ensuring the correct access is given e.g., to view pay slip only.
- Set up employees for access to Timesheet application.
“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.”
Phoenix Park Accounts Assistant Vacancy
Buy books here
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.