Tagged: Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, Jobs at ministry of Education, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Ministry of Education, Ministry of education Jobs, Ministry of Education Recruitment, Ministry of Education Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies, Ministry of Education Vacancies, Teacher I, Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies, Teacher I Vacancies, TEACHING, Teaching jobs, Teaching Jobs in Trinidad, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
January 3, 2023 at 7:05 pm #1003469reginawaterhouseParticipant
Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies, Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies, Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies, Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies
Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies
Government of Trinidad and Tobago
Ministry of Education
JOB DESCRIPTION For Teacher I – Primary January 2003
This job requires the incumbent to teach all the subjects on the primary school curriculum.
Duties include monitoring the progress of students, effective classroom supervision and guidance to ensure the overall development of students.
Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies Education, Skills and Specialised techniques:
- Five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level/CXC subjects (General Proficiency Level Grade I or II) including English Language, Mathematics and Science,
- Certification in teaching as evidenced by the possession of a Teacher’s Diploma or equivalent
- Sound human relations skills.
- Sound communication skills.
- Sound classroom management skills.
- Sound planning and organising skills.
- Basic skills in the observation and analysis of students’ behaviour.
- Basic counselling skills.
- Basic evaluation and measurement skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Sound knowledge of the subjects on the primary school curriculum.
- Sound knowledge of the philosophy and psychology of education.
- Sound knowledge of safe operation of fixtures and equipment common to a primary school.
- Sound knowledge of evaluation and measurement techniques,
- Sound knowledge of modern methods, principles and techniques of teaching.
- Working knowledge of principles and techniques of counselling.
- Basic knowledge of the Education Act and other relevant legislation.
- Basic knowledge of the principles and practice of First Aid.
- Basic knowledge of relevant computer applications.
Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies EXPERIENCE:
- No experience required,
Physical Environment and Hazards:
Duties are performed in an environment in which the incumbents are exposed to:
- chalkdust (60%).
This job involves:
- performing outdoor duties with students e.g., conducting physical education classes.
This job involves:
- encountering emotional and irate parents and students – 15%
Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies Reporting relationships:
- Principal (Primary)Vice Principal (Primacy)/. Senior Teacher (Primary)Head of Department
- (Externally) Private Sector: and Members of the public:
- Parents/Teachers To receive and provide information on students’ progress and other school matters (monthly).
- To attend meetings of parents and teachers in order to discuss/resolve problems relating to tbe school in general.
Nature of supervision:
- Periodic supervision based on detailed procedures (weekly).
Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies Duties and responsibilities:
- 1. Plans a programme of’ Leaming and activities in one or more subjects to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes of students in accordance with the established curriculum at the primary level. This includes the preparation of:
- the scheme of work which guides the application of the curriculum.
- the timetable which identifies the schedule of subjects to be taught.
- the lesson notes which define specific areas/topics to be covered.
- the record of weekly teaching/learning programmes and the evaluation of the same.
- Guided by the approved programme, prepares lessons and delivers instruction to students in the subject areas for an assigned class. This includes the preparation of charts, diagrams and other general teaching aids and the use of appropriate teaching methods, techniques and strategies such as, demonstrations, selected audio-visual aid, group and individual work.
- Prepares, administers and marks tests, projects and other assignments to evaluate students’ progress, and maintains records of students’ attainment in curriculum area over a designated period.
- Prepares and delivers instruction and gives guidance to improve students’ performance in area where progress is below the required standard.
- Initiates and supervises approved co-curricular activities across the school curriculum, in keeping with the Ministry of Education guidelines.
- Supervises students during approved activities in the classroom and on the school compound to ensure their safety and good conduct.
- Monitors the all-round development of students and discusses progress and problems with students, school administration, parents and other relevant parties as necessary.
- Ensures that students maintain proper discipline and keeps the classroom and other learning areas in an orderly and sanitary condition.
- Performs routine record-keeping functions such as:
- keeping records of punctuality and attendance.
- preparing term assessment records.
- keeping reports and accurate school-records of students’ progress.
- 10. Performs other duties related to teaching function which may be assigned from time to time.
Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies Equipment and/or protective gear used:
- Required to observe safety precaution in the operation of:
- audio visual equipment
- small appliances, apparatus specific to subject taught
- Required to use relevant protective gear in the performance of teaching duties.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of the school in accordance with established procedures.
- Discipline students within stated limits.
- Recommend the purchase of materials and equipment.
- Sign and distribute students’ academic reports.
- Recommend placement of students based on academic performance.
Performance, Criteria and Standards:
This job is satisfactorily performed when:
- Teaching and other related activities conform to the requirements of the approved primary school curriculum and are completed within the specified time.
- Students display an understanding/knowledge of the area(s) taught, as reflected in the results of tests and assignments,
- Records are maintained accurately and are completed within the given time frame and in the manner stipulated by the Principal and the Ministry of Education.
- Counselling is provided to students as required.
Ministry of Education Teacher I (Primary) Vacancies
The Ministry of Education is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the under-mentioned position.
Teacher I (Primary) in Government Assisted Primary Schools in Trinidad
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Persons wishing to apply can access the Notice of Vacancy, Online Application Form, Job Specification and the Application Checklist on the Service Commissions Department’s website at https://www.scd.org.tt/…/vacancies-for-general-public.html
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WOULD BE ACCEPTED.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS: 20th JANUARY, 2023 at 11.59 pm.
For all administrative vacancies visit: https://recruitment.moe.gov.tt/administrative-vacancies/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.