Tagged: Career Opportunity, CUSTOMER SERVICE, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, Government jobs, Hilton, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Law enforcement jobs, On-site, Port of Spain, SECURITY OFFICER, Security Officer Jobs, Security Officer Vacancy, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
April 18, 2023 at 12:50 am #1006781elyleParticipant
Hilton Security Officer Vacancy, Hilton Security Officer Vacancy, Hilton Security Officer Vacancy, Hilton Security Officer Vacancy
Hilton Security Officer Vacancy
Hilton, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, On-site
About the job
A Security Officer performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintains a safe and secure environment for Guests, visitors, and Team Members.
What will I be doing?
As a Security Officer, you are responsible for monitoring and controlling staff entrances, patrolling on a regular basis, and managing undesirable behaviour to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience. A Security Officer will also be required to investigate theft and support evacuation procedures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Conducting foot patrols of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
- Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Maintains order in the hotel dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinates expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.
- Handles undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of the hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answers security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Prepares schedules and relate relevant information on house count, conventions, arrivals and departures from each shift.
- Memorizes and monitors life safety system including accurate layout of entire building, locations of standpipes, fire extinguishers, complete alarm reports and checks and report any pertinent information from each shift.
- Observes and monitor for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio to the supervisor on duty; and the CSI Sentry report any alarms similarly accordingly.
- Administers CPR and First Aid
- Monitor and control staff entrances.
- Conduct regular searches of bags, etc. carried by members of staff and report discrepancies or violations immediately.
- Control the Goods pass out procedure for any items purchased, loaned, or otherwise legitimately obtained.
- Maintain system that monitors contractors working in the hotel in accordance with company health and safety policies.
- Maintain system that records the issue and receipt of departmental keys.
- Operate, check and monitor the CCTV system.
- Patrol the hotel on a regular basis ensuring fire walks take place and are recorded.
- Ensure safe passage of cash transfers within the hotel.
- Support evacuation of the hotel during fire alarm situations
- Monitor suspicious packages and be aware of bomb and terror threat procedures.
- Ensure hotel facilities and function rooms remain secure and locked when not in use.
- Maintain the Security Logbook and Incident Reports
- Investigate and report all allegations of theft, criminal damage and other incidents.
- Manage undesirable behaviour in a professional manner, intervening and defusing potential altercations.
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations
What are we looking for?
A Security Officer serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- High school graduate or above
- Good physical condition
- At least two (2) years of law enforcement experience either on a Security Bureau or military training
- Must be knowledgeable about fire procedures, disaster plan procedure, bomb threats and hotel evacuation procedures.
- Should be well versed in local law/government regulation.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Good grooming standards
- Ability to work under pressure, keeping calm in emergency situations.
- Ability to work on their own or in teams.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in customer service environment
- First Aid
- IT proficiency
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Work Locations: Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Job: Security and Loss Prevention
Hilton Security Officer Vacancy
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
How to become a schoolteacher
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.