To drive the safe, reliable, effective, and efficient manufacture of high-quality foods; the Plant Manager provides hands -on leadership to build the organizational capability necessary to achieve world class operational and financial results, while assuring legal and regulatory compliance.
On-Boarding Qualifications and Experience:
- * An undergraduate degree in Engineering OR Natural Sciences OR an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- * Training via a degree or professional development programs in the areas of asset management, production management, quality management, financial management, inventory management, industrial relations and leadership.
- * Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- * At least ten (10) years spent in one or a combination of senior maintenance, engineering, production management or quality management roles in food manufacturing.
- * Proven track record of leading efforts which realize productivity and efficiency improvements, as well as leading the implementation of management systems which are aligned with internationally recognized standards.
- * Proven knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for food manufacturing.
- * Prior experience as a Plant or Operations Manager would be an asset.
- * Prior operational experience in a food manufacturing facility would be an asset.
- * Prior management experience in a ununionized environment would be an asset.
- * Drives the building of a high performing manufacturing team
- * Lives the Values and Builds a Culture Characterized by the Values
- * Leads the development and embrace of sustainability initiatives
- * Partners with all relevant teams to ensure all product development initiatives are thoroughly planned and investigated to permit sound decision-making
- * Drives the integration of continuous improvement of plant processes and line efficiencies
- * Develops and implements operational plans which are in alignment with the overall strategy and general initiatives of VEMCO to ensure finished goods case output meet the required quantity, cost, and quality standards
- * Prepares and manages annual plant budgets