The HR Assistant Director will serve as an HR partner in the Hotel to provide strategic and operational support to the HR Director, leadership team and employees. The position is responsible for supporting the overall management and administration of the human resources function which includes recruitment; employee/labor relations issues and investigations, compensation and benefits administration, worker’s compensation and safety and the implementation of policies and programs as directed by the corporate offices.
What will I be doing?
The Human Resources Assistant Director directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function to include recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of employee relation activities, in order to provide each department with the staffing, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their customer service and business objectives. Specifically you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead key HR processes including recruitment, compensation/benefit administration, performance management, employment services etc.
- Serve as the Hotel’s representative for bargaining unit negotiations, legal and industrial court matters etc.
- Oversee the management and control of the HRIS and employee records system.
- Collaborate with Department Heads to ensure that all employee/ labour relation issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved.
- Design and execute the hotel’s team member relations programme.
- Support the preparation of budgetary, workforce planning and other related reports.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices in order to promote an ethical and transparent work environment
- Manage and supervise the daily activities of the Human Resources department.
- Assist with other special projects or initiatives as needed.
What are we looking for?
A Human Resources Assistant Director serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or any related field from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree will be preferred.
- At least five (5) years of relevant HR experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Strong knowledge of industrial relations practices, labor laws, benefits and compensation.
- Experience working in a unionized environment will be an asset.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- HR credential from a certifying organization e.g. HRCI, SHRM, WaW etc.
- Proficient/ Adanced usage of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent knowledge of hospitality
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!