Tagged: ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, energy jobs, finance, Full Time, Government jobs, ict, information technology, Information Technology Jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, tobago, Tourism Trinidad Limited, Tourism Trinidad Limited Jobs, Tourism Trinidad Limited Vacancy, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
- This topic is empty.
May 19, 2022 at 6:52 pm #995869shaylasouthernParticipant
Tourism Trinidad Limited Vacancy
Accounting AssistantJOB LOCATION , North West
Tourism Trinidad Limited is presently accepting applications for the following position: Accounting Assistant.
Reporting to the Accountant, the Accounting Assistant provides accounting support which includes all aspects of accounting and monitors and reports on PSIP releases and status of projects.
The Accounting Assistant is required to perform accounting support functions in a timely, effective, efficient and accurate manner in keeping with prescribed finance and accounting target dates and standards.TT$480.00We ship to Trinidad and TobagoWelcome!
You can easily:
- Shop in your local currency
- Enjoy our great international shipping rates
- Duties & Taxes Calculated at Checkout – Choose to Pay Now or Later
- Processes monthly payroll (including salary deductions); makes monthly statutory remittances (PAYE, NIS, Health Surcharge); prepares TD4 slips for disbursement to employees ensuring amounts reconcile to the Payroll register, and ensures that all related documents are filed.
- Reconciles bank accounts and balance sheet statutory accounts (including PAYE, NIS, and Health Surcharge)
- Prepares journal vouchers for posting to General Ledger.
- Maintains records of PSIP payments and prepares monthly PSIP status report for approval of the Accountant and Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepares monthly recurrent and expenditure statements for submission to the Ministry of Finance.
- Maintains the accounts receivables records.
- Prepares and post AR and AP related journals, invoices and receipts.
- Maintains fixed asset register and prepares and post depreciation charges journal on a monthly basis.
- Prepares schedule for accruals and prepayment monthly.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Computes and prepares the VAT returns for the approval by the Accountant.
- Conducts reconciliation of accounts receivables to ensure that the accounts receivables Sub Ledger balances with the general ledger.
- Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets by providing inputs, as required.
- Develops and maintains an effective filing system for used cheques and receipt books and other accounting documents for easy retrieval.
Core Competencies: Proven capabilities in Service Excellence, Partnering, Creativity & Innovation, and Accountability.
Role Specific Competencies: Accounting and Reporting; Financial Budgeting and Reporting; Financial Systems, Processes and Technology; Financial Policy Development, Interpretation and Application; and Analytical Thinking
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) CXC passes, two of which must be English and Mathematics along with Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) or equivalent qualifications
- Level I ACCA or equivalent professional accounting qualifications would be an asset.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a broad area of accounting functions in AR, AP, GL, etc.
The Accounts Assistant requires knowledge in the following areas:
- Accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Automated accounting systems.
- Spreadsheets and database software
- General record keeping and filing systems – Basic mathematics
The incumbent must also possess skill and capabilities to:
- Compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Detect errors.
- Understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes.
- Meet schedules and deadlines for the work area.
- Communicate effectively.
- Compose routine correspondence and reports.
The Accounting Assistant reports directly to the Accountant.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contactedDeadline: 23 May, 2022
Tourism Trinidad Limited Vacancy
More flexibility. A job you love. A new career. It all starts here. Explore Jobs
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
Was US$599.99Now US$399.99
Was US$299.99Now US$279.99
Was US$199.99Now US$189.99
Was US$159.99Now US$139.99
US$270.00-8% Now US$249.00 IN STOCK
US$359.00-8% Now US$329.00 IN STOCK
US$349.00-14% Now US$299.00 IN STOCK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.