The Change Manager is responsible for creating and implementing change management plans to maximize employee engagement and proactively manage employee and client resistance.
The role will involve liaising at all levels across key Ministries and Department to analyze and effectively develop and deliver embedded change management solutions.
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO:
- Research Specialist, Human Resource Specialist and Business Operations Assistant I
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Planning and Programme Development
- Spearheads the development of the Ministry’s programme/strategies to implement change organisation-wide.
- Supports the development of new projects and initiatives and identifies emerging opportunities.
- Identifies and develops relationships, ensuring regular engagement and coordination with key strategic partners.
- Promotes internal lesson-learning within the Ministry programmes to ensure effective knowledge management on cross-cutting thematic issues and functions.
- Identifies potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance/gaps and develops specific plans/measures to mitigate or address areas.
- Conducts readiness assessments, evaluates results and presents findings in a logical and easy- to-understand manner.
- Promotes the execution of plans/measures by utilizing employee-interfacing managers and business leaders.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Determines the scope for implementation of the project, prepares projects plans with the associated time frame, identifies potential issues and determines resource requirement.
- Provides feedback and advice/recommendations on project management implications and implementation issues and change rollout.
- Leads efforts in the identification of best practices and promotes appropriate levels of understanding among key stakeholders regarding the operations, imperatives and constraints
- Identifies post implementation adoption and performance issues and works to develop and implement corrective actions.
Communication and Relationship Management
- Liaises regularly with all stakeholders and provides up-to-date information on changes impacting their area to facilitate the free flow of information between Ministry Divisions and stakeholders.
- Build support for business change throughout key Ministries and Department.
- Manage and mediate internal and external relationships with stakeholders who may have conflicting objectives.
- Ensure new and emerging risks are identified and communicated.
- Conduct research and analysis into area that may cause concern or indicate risks escalating issues to the Permanent Secretary where needed.
Business Process Re-engineering
- Undertakes process analysis and mapping the process of key Departments which will assist in facilitating achievement of the mandate of the Unit being transformed.
- Identifies risks, control, business continuity, Management Information Systems, Key Performance Indicators and reengineering process where inefficiencies arise.
Organisation Development and Redesign
- Liaises with the relevant departments to ensure that organisation redesign initiatives are in keeping with key Department’s needs, Public Sector processes and are in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Identifies needs, plans and implements appropriate strategies and elevates organisation-wide initiatives, such as: employee development, service excellence, employee engagement and culture enhancement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytic, problem decision making
- Ability to work independently and also part of a team
- Ability and willingness to work in a diverse and challenging environment
- Change management principles and methodologies
- Public Sector systems, structures, laws and regulations
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING, SPECIAL REQUIREMENT
- MBA or equivalent combination of post graduate qualification in a related field.
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in Human Resources, Change Management and/or organizational readiness in large organizations including experience designing and implementing strategies to support business objectives.
- Use of methodology of both quantitative and qualitative measure to assess, monitor and report on the organizational development/readiness.
Applications MUST be submitted online via email, and must include a cover letter to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government
Attention: Director, Human Resources
The cover letter must state the position being applied for. Applicants are also required to submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, two (2) references, copies of Certificates and Police Certificate of Character.