Tagged: ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, Banking jobs, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, finance, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Management Accountant, MANAGER, MANAGER - HUMAN RESOURCE, Remote Jobs, THA: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE, tobago, Tobago House of Assembly Jobs, Tobago House of Assembly Jobs 2021, Tobago House of Assembly Vacancies, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
November 27, 2021 at 1:08 am #990712gladysoharanParticipant
Tobago House of Assembly Jobs 2021, Tobago House of Assembly Jobs 2021, Tobago House of Assembly Jobs 2021, Tobago House of Assembly Jobs 2021, Tobago House of Assembly Jobs 2021
Tobago House of Assembly Jobs 2021
Management Accountant, Tobago House of Assembly
Tobago House of Assembly in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Management Accountant today.
More details about this job are below:
• The incumbent is required to provide strategic financial support to the Administrator of the Division, thereby facilitating the effective monitoring and evaluation of various activities and initiatives in the Division.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees the development of an effective financial management reporting system that will generate timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis.
• Assesses the Division’s performances through balance sheets, income and expenditure statements to show its performance and financial state.
• Ensures that all financial procedures are communicated, understood and adhered to in the execution of all projects and activities executed by the Division.
• Plans, organizes, compiles, collates, analyses and presents data on subjects as requested or envisaged.
• Provides timely and accurate management reports related to the special projects undertaken by the Division.
• Assists in the development, preparation and presentation of the Division’s Annual Capital and Recurrent Budgets/Estimates.
• Assist in the procurement of equipment, furniture and supplies and to oversee the development of a robust inventory and Fixed Asset Register.
• Develops appropriate monthly financial reports/statements to be distributed to the Secretary, Administrator and other senior managers.
• Advises on the preparation of requests for virements and the transfer of funds as required.
• Conducts variance analysis.
• Compiles the Division’s Annual Financial Statement.
• Reconciles the Division’s Bank Account once per quarter.
• Creates projections for financial requirements and suggest strategies for achieving desired sh01t term, intermediate and long-term goals/results.
• Determines and appropriate accounting cycle in relation to the Division.
• Performs in-depth research/investigations into specific subject areas for the preparation of analytical reports including status reports, speeches, presentations for meetings and seminars.
• Assists with the tracking of work activities and the progress of on-going works/projects/programmes.
• Liaises internally with staff and externally with staff of other Divisions, in the gathering of data and the dissemination of information as circumstances dictate.
• Monitors and reports on the progress and implementation of decisions.
• Ensure adherence to the Government Financial Regulations.
• Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting issues and techniques.
• Knowledge of the p1inciples and practices of public sector management.
• Knowledge of the policies, rules, regulations, and procedures governing/directing and operations of Public Sector agencies.
• Knowledge of the organisation systems and structures of the Public Service.
• Knowledge of the cmTent methods, procedures and techniques of government accounting.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques.
• Knowledge of computer and relevant software applications.
• Planning, managerial and organising skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
• Good clitical and analytical skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good report writing skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Excel and other Accounting software.
MIMIMUM EXEPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• A CIMA, CMA, or ACCA graduate from a recognized institution or any similar professional qualification with a minimum of at least five (5) to six (6) years’ experience in financial/management accounting.
• Two (2) year’ experience in a management position.
• Public sector management systems/programmes and training as evidenced by a certification in management/human resource techniques or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Application along with curriculum vitae must be addressed to:
Division of Settlements, Urban Renewal and Public Utilities
D Colosseum Building #2, Corner Bypass and Milford Road, Crown Point, Tobago
Tobago House of Assembly Jobs 2021
MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCE, THA: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
Tobago House of Assembly
Tobago House of Assembly in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCE, THA: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE today.
More details about this job are below:
The incumbent is responsible for the overall direction of the Tobago House of Assembly’s (THA) programme of human resource development and training. Work involves planning, organizing and coordinating the activities involved in Central and Divisional Training programmes; advising on the formulation and revision of Policy concerning these activities; representing the THA on various committees, providing consultant services to Divisions and other organizations on matters relating to training, as well as lecturing, when necessary, at courses and seminars. The incumbent is also required to attend meetings with Divisional Heads to determine various training needs and interact with Divisions on all training matters, which may arise.
Chief Administrator or Designated Officer
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO:
Senior Human Resource Specialists, Human Resource Specialists and Business Operations Assistants
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the work of professional and support staff engaged in the provision of human resource development activities at the THA’s Training and Development Centre.
• Advises on the formulation and revision, where necessary, of Policy relating to Training programmes.
• Leads and participates in the strategic planning process for the Centre.
• Provides coaching and mentoring to staff being supervised, as required.
• Directs the conduct of research activities to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the human resource development services provided and recommends necessary changes.
• Directs and participates in the preparation of the budgetary estimates of the Human Resource Department and ensures that expenditure is in accordance with financial guidelines.
• Serves on committees/panels and represents the Centre at conferences, seminars and workshops, in respect of matters related to human resource development.
• Lectures when necessary, at courses and seminars organized by the Centre.
• Reviews and analyses reports, proposals, draft Cabinet/Executive Council Notes, circulars and other documents prepared by staff being supervised, in order to assess quality and accuracy of content and recommendations made.
• Performs other related work as may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Extensive knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of human resource development.
• Extensive knowledge of government policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to human resource development.
• Considerable knowledge of Public Service legislation, rules, regulations and policies.
• Considerable knowledge of national labour laws and regulations; collective and other agreements and policies, in respect of daily rated employees.
• Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of strategic planning and project management.
• Knowledge of research methodologies, principles and techniques.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
• Ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the work of professional staff engaged in the provision of human resource development services in the Office of the Chief Secretary, THA’s Training and Development Centre.
• Ability to interpret policies and procedures to identify work problems and direct staff to their solutions.
• Ability to provide leadership and vision.
• Ability to analyse and evaluate data and trends and make appropriate recommendations.
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in the performance of duties.
• Ability to solve complex problems and make decisions within approved policy frameworks.
• Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other public service employees, representatives of recognized associations/unions and the public.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the field of human resource development and training, including at least four (4) years at a management/supervisory level.
• Training as evidenced by the possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science, Management or Human Resource Development from a recognized University.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Please email your application letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and the names and contacts of two (2) references to:
Manager, Human Resource
Human Resource Management Unit
Office of the Chief Secretary, Tobago House of Assembly
One lucky reader won a Moto G10 smartphone for the month of August by liking Sweet TnT Magazine Facebook Page. September we gave away a Moto G20, in October we gave away a Moto G30 and in November we will be giving away a Moto G50. To qualify like us on Facebook and Subscribe to our Sweet TnT Magazine YouTube channel
Finding a job shouldn’t be a full-time job. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll get to work for you.
With millions of jobs available, ZipRecruiter is the only site you’ll need to find your next job.
Say goodbye to long applications. Upload your resume and apply to jobs faster in a click or a tap.
The X5 is a portable and foldable wand powered by 20 UV-C LEDs to disinfect and eliminate up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria.
Now US$79.99 Regular price US
25% OFF WITH CODE THANKS25
Now US$178.00WAS US$219.00
YOU SAVE $41.00 (18%) and FREE SHIPPING
In StockNow Us$899.00
Reg Price US$999.00Instant Savings US$100.00Limited supply at this price
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.