Romance is in the air, as people make plans for the fast approaching Valentine’s Day. Some may opt to buy expensive shiny things in an effort to win favor with their romantic partner. Here are some simple tips that would make your partner feel loved and show that you really care with these gifts that are straight from the heart.
1. Keep it silly simple this Valentine’s Day
If you are in a new relationship or you don’t know what your partner may be into, it is best to stick to the classics. Long stemmed red roses, boxes of chocolate, jewelry, and even a marriage proposal have become the staple of gifts presented on Valentine’s Day. It is what people have been taught to expect. So if you can’t decide on any of the above best you stick with the time honored classics.
2. A Valentine’s Day surprise weekend get away
Sometimes a break from one day to day routine may be what is needed to bring back the spark in a relationship. This Valentine’s Day ask your partner out to lunch and then whisk him or her away on a romantic weekend holiday. It’s not supposed to be about the location but the company on this trip. You may plan something that is both affordable and romantic. Take a weekend in Tobago to savor the
moment but take the ferry instead of the plane. That way you could take in the sights on your way there. If money is tight there are lots of guesthouses close by that would be able to give you the privacy that you need to reconnect with your romantic partner for a weekend.
3. Stay to get away this Valentine’s Day
Surprise your partner by taking a vacation day from work and enjoy Valentine’s Day at home. Start the day by sitting down at the table or porch and having breakfast together. Lunch could be a home cooked meal or at your partner’s favorite restaurant. To wrap things up in the evening how about
dinner and a movie. Once again, you can eat out or dine in at home, or order delivery and turn on a movie. If you decided to take your partner to a restaurant, a romantic comedy at the Cineplex would do nicely as well.
4. A little goes a long way this Valentine’s Day
Sometimes you don’t have to go all out, you just need to show your partner that you appreciate him/her. One way to do this is to take up that person’s responsibility for the day. For example, men give your wives the day off and you take care of the daily household chores. If finances permit, invest
in a gift voucher at a local spa so that she may treat herself. Women welcome your partners warmly after work and offer a sensual massage to help him forget about the hard day that he had earlier.
5. Take a break from the routine this Valentine’s Day
Keeping the romance alive in a relationship when both partners have demanding jobs can be difficult. Even more so when there are kids involved. So in a situation like this you may consider planning an
evening or weekend without the kids. Have them stay over with a responsible relative and you and your partner can enjoy some much needed adult alone time together.
January 2017 www.sweettntmagazine.com
You may also like:
- Cute ladies’ tops for your wardrobe
- Stylish shorts for ladies this vacation
- Cocktail dresses for those nights out
- When Mom says she has everything she needs
- Choosing the perfect wedding dress
- Be a stunning guest at their wedding
- Beachwear for all women this vacation
- Bra cups double D to N shopping ideas
- Look great for Christmas with Makeup by Brianna
- Scottygirl Jewelry making thoughtful handmade gifts
- Natural homemade hair dyes
- Wives, moms, work out, shop, dye your hair!
- Are women afraid to be beautiful?
- Mehndi – yesteryear’s body art of today
Health and Wellness
- Easy ways to relax your nerves
- Lose belly fat after 6 easy changes
- Pregnant women comfort guide
- Baby making do’s and don’ts
- Hot flashes relief tips while on the go
- Cervical Cancer awareness – fight, support, hope
Relationships and Family Life
- Unconditional love – truly a mother’s love
- Beginning of the Empty Nest Syndrome
- Get children to play outside
- Fresh flowers for me on Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day ideas for couples
- Memorable Valentine’s gifts on a budget!
- Marriage tips based on my relationship
- Date night! All marriages need it!
- Musician Juliet Robin’s story
- Ms Joyce: I knit and crochet to relax
- ‘One Love’ Rasta on the Avenue
- Sommer nails it at her own business!
- Look great for Christmas with Makeup by Brianna
- Kavita: I’m in love with doing make-up
- Kelly: Nail art is my therapy
- Timeless clothing by Miss Fancy Fashion House
- Cherise Castle-Blugh: My handmade is heart-made
- Reshma’s sweets or Methai in Hindi
- Theresa is like family at beauty salon
- Perusia’s passion for art started early
Women In Action
- I am a woman – I deserve equality
- Winta from Africa just loving Trinidad
- Environmental symposium in Punta Cana
- The selfless principal – hard work and commitment
- Simone Sant-Ghuran matching couples with vendors
- Ann Marie Amante: Reach your full potential
- Patricia – an agent of change
- Our special Hindu wedding
- Iftar – a Muslim gathering to break fast
- Birthday lime at Clifton Hill Beach Resort
- A birthday fiesta at Rango’s
- El Dorado Secondary reunion – Class of 1997
- South Trinidad my home always
- Trinbago woman: My speech, food go with me