By Nerissa Hosein. I love Valentine’s Day but these last couple of years I am fed up of the traditional and completely commercial take on this once sweet, sexy holiday! As for gifts, I am fed up of the teddy
bears, lingerie and chocolates that I have to see everywhere I go. So these last few years, I have tried to come up with my own spin on V-Day! Here’s a few easy to do, affordable but cute gifts that can be easy on the wallet but heavy in the heart’s memory!
Homemade dinner for two
Why go to a crowded, overpriced restaurant that serves a buffet with their most unpopular dishes? No privacy, no romance there and a maxed out credit card at the end of the night! Why not cook a romantic dinner, set the mood for your love with songs you both like, few candles and the air will be ready for romance!
Name a star
Who doesn’t want a star named after them? This is truly a unique, romantic and thoughtful gift. There
are many sites online that you can do this on and it starts at approximately $150TT, which is more than you’d spend on a teddy bear and a few roses.
Creating an “us” scrap book
I know this might be kind of challenging for the guys, but trust me any girl would love this! Creating a book or DVD with your special moments, memories, songs and even old love letters! This would melt any girl’s heart and also show her the time and effort you took to put this all together.
Adopt and save a life
If your sweetheart has the room, time and love to give, why not take them to the shelter and let them choose their own little bundle of joys! Trinidad has many animals waiting to find a home. It’s a good
feeling knowing you spent your money helping place an animal in a safe environment, your sweetheart will get a new pet to enjoy and the love you get in return will last longer than the overpriced roses!
Not typical gifts
They may not be the typical Valentine’s Day gifts but they will cost less and last longer than most of the store bought gift options! So this Valentine’s, take a chance and do something different, it will certainly be appreciated!
February 2015 – Issue 14 www.sweettntmagazine.com
You may also like:
Health and Wellness
- Easy ways to relax your nerves
- Lose belly fat after 6 easy changes
- Pregnant women comfort guide
- Baby making do’s and don’ts
- Hot flashes relief tips while on the go
- Cervical Cancer awareness – fight, support, hope
Relationships and Family Life
- Unconditional love – truly a mother’s love
- Beginning of the Empty Nest Syndrome
- Get children to play outside
- Fresh flowers for me on Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day ideas for couples
- Memorable Valentine’s gifts on a budget!
- Marriage tips based on my relationship
- Date night! All marriages need it!
- Musician Juliet Robin’s story
- Ms Joyce: I knit and crochet to relax
- ‘One Love’ Rasta on the Avenue
- Sommer nails it at her own business!
- Look great for Christmas with Makeup by Brianna
- Kavita: I’m in love with doing make-up
- Kelly: Nail art is my therapy
- Timeless clothing by Miss Fancy Fashion House
- Cherise Castle-Blugh: My handmade is heart-made
- Reshma’s sweets or Methai in Hindi
- Theresa is like family at beauty salon
- Perusia’s passion for art started early
Women In Action
- I am a woman – I deserve equality
- Winta from Africa just loving Trinidad
- Environmental symposium in Punta Cana
- The selfless principal – hard work and commitment
- Simone Sant-Ghuran matching couples with vendors
- Ann Marie Amante: Reach your full potential
- Patricia – an agent of change
- Our special Hindu wedding
- Iftar – a Muslim gathering to break fast
- Birthday lime at Clifton Hill Beach Resort
- A birthday fiesta at Rango’s
- El Dorado Secondary reunion – Class of 1997
- South Trinidad my home always
- Trinbago woman: My speech, food go with me
Study Zone Institute, San Juan, Trinidad and Tobago. 743 likes. SEA, CSEC affordable classes. Register now for full time, after school or Saturday lessons. Learn at your own pace. WE CARE FOR ALL…
AVOCADO GREEN MATTRESS
America’s #1 rated natural mattress features GOLS organic certified latex, GOTS organic certified wool, GOTS organic certified cotton, and up to 1,414 pocketed support coils arranged in 5 zones. No polyester, polyurethane foams, or toxic fire retardants. Hand-tufted, not glued. Vegan? Explore our Vegan Mattress made without wool.
GALAXY S21 5G VS GALAXY S21+ 5G VS GALAXY S21 ULTRA 5G SPECS
|Galaxy S21||Galaxy S21 Plus||Galaxy S21 Ultra|
|Display size, resolution||6.2-inch Flat FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Display (2,400×1,080 pixels),||6.7-inch Flat FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X (2,400×1,080 pixels)||6.8-inch Edge WQHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X (3,200×1,440 pixels),|
|Pixel density||421 ppi||394 ppi||515 ppi|
|Dimensions (Inches)||2.80×5.97×0.31 in||2.97×6.35×0.30 in||2.97×6.50×0.35 in|
|Dimensions (Millimeters)||71.2×151.7×7.9 mm||75.6×161.5×7.8 mm||75.6×165.1×8.9 mm|
|Weight (Ounces, Grams)||6.03 oz; 171g||7.12 oz; 202g||8.07 oz; 229 g|
|Mobile software||Android 11||Android 11||Android 11|
|Camera||64-megapixel (telephoto), 12-megapixel (wide-angle), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide)||64-megapixel (telephoto), 12-megapixel (wide-angle), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide)||108-megapixel (wide-angle), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide), 10-megapixel (telephoto), 10-megapixel (telephoto)|
|Processor||Snapdragon 888 or 64-bit Octa-Core Processor 2.8GHz (Max 2.4GHz +1.8GHz)||Snapdragon 888 or 64-bit Octa-Core Processor 2.8GHz (Max 2.4GHz +1.8GHz)||Snapdragon 888 or 64-bit Octa-Core Processor 2.8GHz (Max 2.4GHz +1.8GHz)|
|Battery||4,000 mAh||4,800 mAh||5,000 mAh|
|Special features||IP68 rating, 5G-enabled, 30X Space Zoom, 10W wireless charging,||IP68 rating, 5G-enabled, 30X Space Zoom, 10W wireless charging,||IP68 rating, 5G-enabled, 100X Space Zoom, 10W wireless charging, 10x optical zoom; S Pen support|