Tagged: ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, advertising, Career Opportunity, Chief Technical Officer, Digicel, Digicel Vacancies, Digicel vacancy, Digicel Vacancy July 2021, employment, employment opportunity, finance, Full Time, ict, information technology, Information Technology Jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MANAGER, marketing, Port of Spain, Remote Jobs, Sales, Sales Representative, TELEMARKETING, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
- This topic is empty.
July 16, 2021 at 12:28 am #980895brittneymackinnoParticipant
Digicel Vacancy July 2021
Digicel Vacancy July 2021
Chief Technical Officer
As the Chief Technical Officer you will be responsible for ensuring the availability, quality and stability of Digicel’s fixed and mobile international, core, service layer, transport and access networks.
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit http://www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Job Title: Chief Technical Officer
As the Chief Technical Officer you will be responsible for ensuring the availability, quality and stability of Digicel’s fixed and mobile international, core, service layer, transport and access networks. Further, the CTO will govern and execute all future planning and expansion to ensure execution in is done in the most economical and timely basis ensuring that network capacity and capability enabled continued growth of the Digicel customer base. The Chief Technical Officer directs the maintenance (proactive and reactive) and the evolution of the Digicel Network through leadership of a team of approximately 100 professional staff and multiple support vendors and contractors. The CTO also governs the design and fulfilment of all fixed customer installations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network and Service Availability Management: Establish and preserve a culture of operational excellence in the Technical department to ensure achievement of telco grade Core and RAN network availability through a regime of preventive and reactive maintenance, change management, risk management.
- Network Quality Management: Establish and manage holistic network performance KPIs across international, core, service layer, transport and access networks to ensure delivery of best in class services to all B2B, fixed and mobile customers.
- Network Capacity Management: Continually track, manage and predict network utilization across all network segments areas to ensure customer services experience no network capacity bottlenecks due to organic network traffic organic growth, link failures and customer behavior changes due to commercial stimulation or extended exception events such as COVID-19.
- Network Architecture Governance: Establish and govern network architecture and evolution principles in line with group and industry best practice. Ensure evolution of the network architecture is fully documented and adheres to strict change management procedures.
- Network Capability Management: Continually evolve the Digicel network to ensure that it is capable of fulfilling all current and anticipated customer needs, informed by and in the absence of a commercial and business direction. Through establishment of a network roadmap, ensure all stakeholders are aware of all current and future network features, functions to enable proper consideration for business strategy and monetization.
- Network expansions and modernizations: In support of network availability, capacity and capability management, ensure network expansions are scheduled, planned and executed in a timely manner to ensure no compromise on any of the above, including end of life status for application and hardware layers.
- Fixed Customer fulfilment: Establish and manage order to fulfilment processes for corporate and consumer fixed customers for both fibre and wireless solutions. Establish design and architecting principles for all non-standard solutions and support design creation and implementation to best in class network standards. Assure the installation, recovery repair and changes of all customer orders for all fixed services within company commitment to our customer.
- Budget Management: Plan and manage utilization of operational and capital expenditure and cash flow for all areas within scope of management. Provide support for key fiscal processes such as budget creation, PO generation, PO accruals, invoice management, cash management and year end fiscal year closure. Ensure continual optimization of cost base and efficiency of capital spend.
- Customer Experience Support: Support for Customer care and preservation of customer experience management through analysis, response and addressing customer complaints within established SLA.
- People Management: Establish and maintain an organizational strategy and culture aligned to business and technical goals. Provide leadership and management guidance to a staff of >100 professionals to achieve all technology strategic and operational imperatives.
- IT Partnership: Collaboratively work with IT to jointly address the business technology needs, ensure clear requirements for all IT services and compliance with all IT security, user management and infrastructure management rules. Support and manage all VAS, Billing, BSS and OSS services and application level administration inclusive of all revenue assurance reconciliations.
- Procurement compliance: Ensure all purchases adhere to all procurement management process and compliance requirements. Provide technical input and support the creation of tenders where needed and the negotiation process. Ensure all vendors are tightly managed within contract with clear SLAs and KPIs to warrant full delivery on all commitments and accurate billing and payments.
- Regulator Relationship: Provide support to the business and work to ensure full compliance with all regulator commitments. Provide support to the regulator and develop the regulatory technology relationship. Work with regulator to achieve Digicel business goals and customer service aspirations.
- Technology centre of excellence: Provide guide to the business on all technology and network related matters concerning current network capabilities, operational practices and network roadmap.
- Working with group: Serve as a liaison between Digicel group technology and local market to ensure the correct balance between achievement of market goals and group guidance and governance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering/Science/Technical/Computer
- Management Diploma/Degree
- Ten years plus Telecommunications Management Experience
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
- Superb attention to detail, strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and result-oriented approach to work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver against competing priorities
- Ability to build strong relationships and work as part of inter-disciplinary teams
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced and demanding service environment
- Able to operate autonomously and demonstrate initiative in problem solving, decision making and proactive approach to job.
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Initiative and resourcefulness in the conduct of duties.
- Ability to relate to a diverse working environment.
Finding a job shouldn’t be a full-time job. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll get to work for you.
With millions of jobs available, ZipRecruiter is the only site you’ll need to find your next job.
Say goodbye to long applications. Upload your resume and apply to jobs faster in a click or a tap.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.