Tagged: ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, finance, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, NIPDEC, NIPDEC Vacancy, NIPDEC Vacancy July 2021, Port of Spain, Remote Jobs, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
July 20, 2021 at 8:14 pm #980932muhammadbeallParticipant
NIPDEC Vacancy July 2021
NIPDEC Vacancy July 2021
The Collections Officer will support the company’s financial goals through reviewing each account to determine the best way to approach the client, and then executing their plan to bring in the maximum amount of cash for working capital and investment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the company debtor list and keep track of all accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Contact all customers on the phone, email and written correspondence and informing them of their overdue bills.
- Perform field work to make physical collection of cheques.
- Advise customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payments.
- Negotiate suitable payment plans.
- Maintain customer payment records.
- Write notice warnings to customers when payments are not being made in accordance with company policy.
- Liaise with the Legal Department to initiate legal action when customers become delinquent.
- Ensure the accurate reconciliation of customer accounts and submission of customer statements on a timely basis.
- Respond to customer queries to resolve any issues impeding the collection process.
- Work closely with the GL accounting team to address cash receipts and revenue recognition issues.
- Support Management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information.
- Prepare monthly collections report by customer type.
- Develop and maintain a credit rating system for customers and projects to manage risk of default.
- Establish good working relationship with all departments. Will be responsible for communicating with Project Development, Facilities Management, Real Estate & Commercial Services and Pharmaceuticals to resolve any issues impeding the billing and collection process.
- Provide support during the annual audit of financial statements through provision of schedules, responding to audit queries where applicable.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a Collections Officer.
- A minimum of seven (7) years in this or related position.
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
- Access to a working vehicle.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with debt collection laws.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Good knowledge of office and accounting software.
- Patience and resilience.
- Well-developed analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time.
- Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations
- Exhibits a strong commitment to dependability and reliability with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of the customer base.
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail-oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high-volume environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate and timely.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities.
- Technology savvy with experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL application or similar a plus.
- Standards set in relation to the Department’s business plan, strategic objectives and budgets.
- NIPDEC’s policies and procedures.
- Established professional standards, industry best practice and statutory requirements.
Finding a job shouldn’t be a full-time job. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll get to work for you.
With millions of jobs available, ZipRecruiter is the only site you’ll need to find your next job.
Say goodbye to long applications. Upload your resume and apply to jobs faster in a click or a tap.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.