Another year begins and you have not even completed your last year’s resolution to save money while making just enough to get you by. This can be very frustrating as you have failed to fulfill a promise that you made to yourself once again. Well it’s a New Year and Sweet TnT Magazine is here to offer you 5 simple ways to save money.
Save money by hiding it from yourself
You will always have something on which to spend your money. As long as you have access to it you will spend it. Once you break that $100 bill just to buy that phone card for “only $25”, consider that $100 bill spent.
Try hiding at least $300 from yourself as soon as you get paid. Hide it in a financial institution with a savings plan that suits you best. Do not try to save money using the account from which you make withdrawals on a regular basis. Start visiting different financial institutions to find out what plans are offered to help you save money. Feel free to buy that phone card after you have achieved this.
Reduce your electricity bill to save money
Bills show us the costs of our lifestyles at home. If you are unable to save money but your bills are way higher than the bills of your neighbours, then consider reducing your electricity bill. You may change your outside bulbs by switching these lights from incandescent ones to more energy efficient compact
fluorescent (CFL), or better yet LED bulbs. Cool your home differently and not use air conditioning as much. Switch to a more energy efficient heater. Dry your clothes in the sun and not use the dryer as much. Eliminate phantom loads by completely switching off the television, stereos, computers and kitchen appliances. Choose energy efficient appliances. Finally, check your meter against the reading on your electricity bill to ensure that you are not being over charged.
Switch to cheaper brands
You want to cope with a tight budget but you are fixed on using your favourite brands. So what if you grew up using a particular toothpaste, powdered soap, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper, body wash, sardine, cereal, or ketchup? Your parents had their own budget to suit their incomes and you should try to make your own. You are not going to die if you use the less popular and cheaper brand. Save money by using brands that you can afford.
Cut back on luxury items
You are unable to save money but you have fine taste. Do you really need on your grocery list those pancakes, cereals, steaks, pastas, air fresheners, and separate detergents to clean your toilet, bathroom, floor, and yard? The single mom uses one bottle of disinfect to do it all!
Spend less on having a good time
After a hard week’s work you need to relax so you visit your favourite bar or club with friends. If you are guilty of spending lavishly when you are out having a good time and you find yourself struggling to pay bills every month, then you really need to rethink your lifestyle. One suggestion is to start hanging
out at places with no cover charge and leave home only with the cash you intend to spend (leave the cards home) so your spending is limited by the amount of money you have on you.
You do not have to drastically flip around your life. Small changes can help you stick to your tight budget and allow you to have a comfortable lifestyle.
January 2017 www.sweettntmagazine.com
You may also like:
- Cute ladies’ tops for your wardrobe
- Stylish shorts for ladies this vacation
- Cocktail dresses for those nights out
- When Mom says she has everything she needs
- Choosing the perfect wedding dress
- Be a stunning guest at their wedding
- Beachwear for all women this vacation
- Bra cups double D to N shopping ideas
- Look great for Christmas with Makeup by Brianna
- Scottygirl Jewelry making thoughtful handmade gifts
- Natural homemade hair dyes
- Wives, moms, work out, shop, dye your hair!
- Are women afraid to be beautiful?
- Mehndi – yesteryear’s body art of today
Health and Wellness
- Easy ways to relax your nerves
- Lose belly fat after 6 easy changes
- Pregnant women comfort guide
- Baby making do’s and don’ts
- Hot flashes relief tips while on the go
- Cervical Cancer awareness – fight, support, hope
Relationships and Family Life
- Unconditional love – truly a mother’s love
- Beginning of the Empty Nest Syndrome
- Get children to play outside
- Fresh flowers for me on Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day ideas for couples
- Memorable Valentine’s gifts on a budget!
- Marriage tips based on my relationship
- Date night! All marriages need it!
- Musician Juliet Robin’s story
- Ms Joyce: I knit and crochet to relax
- ‘One Love’ Rasta on the Avenue
- Sommer nails it at her own business!
- Look great for Christmas with Makeup by Brianna
- Kavita: I’m in love with doing make-up
- Kelly: Nail art is my therapy
- Timeless clothing by Miss Fancy Fashion House
- Cherise Castle-Blugh: My handmade is heart-made
- Reshma’s sweets or Methai in Hindi
- Theresa is like family at beauty salon
- Perusia’s passion for art started early
Women In Action
- I am a woman – I deserve equality
- Winta from Africa just loving Trinidad
- Environmental symposium in Punta Cana
- The selfless principal – hard work and commitment
- Simone Sant-Ghuran matching couples with vendors
- Ann Marie Amante: Reach your full potential
- Patricia – an agent of change
- Our special Hindu wedding
- Iftar – a Muslim gathering to break fast
- Birthday lime at Clifton Hill Beach Resort
- A birthday fiesta at Rango’s
- El Dorado Secondary reunion – Class of 1997
- South Trinidad my home always
- Trinbago woman: My speech, food go with me