Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, Facilities Officer, Full Time, Government jobs, Government vacancies, Government Vacancies May 2021, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Ministry of Public Administration, Ministry of Public Administration and Digital Transformation, Port of Spain, Property and Real Estate Officer, Sales Representative, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
- This topic is empty.
May 6, 2021 at 9:09 pm #978957Sweet TnTKeymaster
Government Vacancies May 2021
Government Vacancies May 2021
The incumbent is required to assist in developing and implementing a facilities and equipment maintenance and upgrade programme for a Ministry/Department. Duties include inspecting facilities and equipment for deficiencies; assisting in property acquisitions; preparing scopes of work and cost estimates; space planning and utilization; assisting in preparing tenders; monitoring contractors performing maintenance and repair services and preparing reports on facilities management activities.Reports to: Senior Facilities Officer or Designated OfficerSupervision given to: Facilities TechnicianDuties and Responsibilities:
– Performs facilities and equipment inspections to ensure optimal functioning and report deficiencies identified to management in order to facilitate corrective action.
– Develops and implements facilities and equipment maintenance schedule, health and safety policies, guidelines and procedures in a small Ministry/Department or assists in performing these functions in a large or medium sized Ministry.
– Participates in property acquisition and compliance activities, also assists with the preparation, negotiation and review of leases and rental agreements for maintenance and upkeep of property.
– Prepares budget proposals, scopes of work and cost estimates for projects related to maintenance, repairs, improvements, upgrades and modifications of facilities and equipment.
– Plans utilization of space and facilities consistent with the requirements of organizational efficiency.
– Assists in the management of a disaster recovery programme and in the provision of facilities security, electronic loss prevention, fire and life safety-related services.
– Assists in the preparation of tender documents and contract speculations in respect of contracted services for facilities and equipment maintenance, repair and upgrades.
– Monitors contracts performing contracted services related to the maintenance, repair and upgrades to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
– Develops and maintains or assists in developing and maintaining of an efficient and up-to-date facilities management information database.
– Prepares or assists in the preparation of Cabinet Notes, reports, correspondence and other official documents related to facilities management.
– Performs other related duties as may be required.
Minimum Experience and Training:
– Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in facilities management.
– Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management; or in Civil/Structural/Constructional/Electrical Engineering supplemented by certification in Facilities Management.Skills and Abilities:
– Skill in the use of personal computers.
– Ability to conduct inspections of facilities and equipment and identify deficiencies.
– Ability to develop and implement facilities and equipment maintenance schedules.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
– Ability to prepare estimates, specifications and budget for facilities maintenance repair and upgrade projects.
– Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and members of the public.
– Ability to prepare reports and other documents and to maintain records.Knowledge:
– Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the preventative maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
– Knowledge of the principles and practices of Facilities Management.
– Knowledge of building, construction and maintenance work, codes and standards.
– Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act.
– Knowledge in project management principles and practices.
– Some knowledge of the principles of office space planning and utilization.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.