Tagged: Career Opportunity, energy jobs, Full Time, Government jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, Offshore Vacancy, Offshore Vacancy May 2021., Oil and gas jobs, oil and gas jobs Trinidad, OPERATOR, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
- This topic is empty.
May 30, 2021 at 4:20 pm #979549nancy0536226580Participant
Offshore Vacancy May 2021.
Offshore Vacancy May 2021.
About the job
NES Fircroft is recruiting for the following vacancies on behalf of BHP Trinidad and Tobago:
Fishing Liaison Officers (FLOs)
(Onshore and Offshore for Geophysical and Geotechnical Survey)
Roles and responsibilities of the Fishing Liaison Officers (FLO) will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing information and advice on fisheries and different fishing practices offshore Trinidad and Tobago including identifying fishing vessels and distinguishing between vessel types, fishing gear and fishing vessel activity
- Communicating directly with fishers / operators and other vessels in relation to survey operations while maintaining a positive working relationship for all operating vessels in the survey area
- Posting marine advisories and maritime notices on fishing notice boards, distributing procedures and other survey documents to stakeholders and acting as the liaison between fishers and the survey team, including recording queries for delivery to the survey team
- Summarizing daily activities as observed in the survey area and identifying strategies for maintaining safe operations and harmony with fishers and other vessels
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Understanding of at-sea protocols on vessels as well as fishing operations, fisheries, types of vessels and gear used and nature of specific fishery operations in the survey area
- Working experience as a fisher, fisheries observer or fisheries scientist and proven knowledge of fisheries related to the area to be surveyed
- Strong communication skills and training in at-sea radio communications, safety at sea, navigation, report writing and basic computer skills. Secondary school level education will be an asset.
- Ability to work on a shift rotation of 4 – 6 weeks on and 4 – 6 weeks off the vessel for the
- offshore position.
- Completion of safety and relevant training courses; certification in Personal Survival Techniques (TBOSIET), First Aid and Radio Communications etc. will be an asset.
Every effort will be made but given the level of response it may not be possible to contact all unsuccessful applicants.
You are advised to send applications to NES Fircroft only, and not directly to BHP Trinidad and Tobago
Closing date for applications is June 7th 2021
With millions of jobs available, ZipRecruiter is the only site you’ll need to find your next job.
Say goodbye to long applications. Upload your resume and apply to jobs faster in a click or a tap.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.