By Marika Mohammed. It is nice when family activities involve old school entertainment rather than being wired to modern entertainment. It’s the best time, to see community bonds being rekindle through good food, games and just the all-round socialisation. Nowadays, families are seen doing different things separate from each other at different times of the day.
Benefits of competitions
Family activities mean giving up work, tech, school, and nights out without the kiddies to rekindle little body movement, lung screaming and healthy competition with the family. Not only does it benefit the body physically and psychologically but it gives us the moments we won’t ever get back.
Time goes by fast and with technology speeding up the process even faster. Even though some individuals may throw tantrums on the way, they’ll appreciate it as the years go by reminiscing down memory lane, “Remember when I won this?” or “You ate three doubles at once!”
Days set aside for family activities are awesome. It becomes an opportunity to get reacquainted with loved ones and not just those on social networking sites. You get a little rest and relaxation while reconnecting with the people you live with every day without work and school getting in the middle. Basically, you have a great time and lime. What better way to do that than at family fun days?
Family activities for all ages
- Cover your driveway with chalk art.
- Make jewelry out of noodles.
- Finger paint.
- Find cheap or free clothing and accessories to fill a costume box.
- Plant a garden.
- Go to the museum.
- Go camping on the beach.
- Visit a nearby park or outdoor space.
- Learn a new word a day.
- Go letter boxing (treasure hunting without a GPS).
- Try geocaching (treasure hunting with a GPS).
- Create a scavenger hunt.
- Make and cook in a solar oven.
- Visit and volunteer at a nursing home.
- Yard work.
- Wash cars.
- Make and blow bubbles.
- Play in the mud.
- Make a pair of moccasins.
- Make a fairy wand.
- Write and publish a book.
- Visit libraries.
- Go to free concerts or movies.
- Make ice cream.
- Make butter.
- Bake bread.
- Give yourselves avocado facials.
- Learn to knit.
- Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
- Visit your local farmers’ market.
- Learn to dance.
- Swim in your public pool.
- Make sand castles at the beach.
- Attend free lectures.
- Assist in painting a public mural.
- Make and throw seed bombs.
- Do some click schooling. (Online courses)
- Join a public garden.
- Go window shopping.
- Rearrange a room.
- Make a collage.
- Write, direct and perform a play… in your living room.
- Raise money for a charity.
- Learn to play a musical instrument.
- Buy electronics at yard sales and then take them apart.
- Learn photography.
- Learn a foreign language.
- Make something and then sell it.
- Organize a block party and meet your neighbors.
- Watch free rehearsals of your local orchestra.
- Correspond with pen pals.
- Plan a family fun night.
- Make a new family tradition.
- Make a video of your kids interviewing you about your life.
- Plant a tree that you will take an annual family picture in front of.
- Learn to say “thank you” in at least 10 languages.
- Visit the oldest person in your town.
- Volunteer at a food kitchen.
- Visit your chamber of commerce.
- Tour a factory.
- Visit an artist studio.
- Make garden stepping stones.
- Get a large cardboard box from an appliance store and let your imagination run wild.
- Learn about another culture.
- Make compost and use it in your garden.
- Have a tea party.
- Make scrapbook pages for each year or decade of your life.
- Make and fly a kite.
- Pack a picnic basket and go on a picnic.
- Take a picture each day and make a summer photo album.
- Tell everyone in your family, at least once a day, that you love them.
August 2014 – Issue 11 www.sweettntmagazine.com
Every month in 2023 we will be giving away one PlayStation 5. To qualify join our Facebook group, TikTok and Subscribe to our Sweet TnT Magazine YouTube channel
When you buy something through our retail links, we may earn commission and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.
You may also like:
Mermaid Pool hike in sunny weather
Blown away by Argyle Waterfall in Tobago
A romantic surprise at Fort Abercromby
Liming in Gasparee Caves ‘Down De Islands’
Hikers trek to Paria Waterfalls
First visit to Salt Pond ‘Down De Islands’
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G 128GB – 8GB RAM – US$ 1,199.99 Buy Now
Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G 128GB – 8GB RAM – US$ 999.99 Buy Now
You must log in to post a comment.