When you are feeling peckish, forget about snacking on cake, cookies and potato chips. Have yourself some Plantain Patties that are tasty and nutritious at the same time. These Plantain Patties will satisfy your sweet cravings as the staple is naturally sweet and packed with vitamins and minerals.
Weight watchers, vegans and people who are planning to eat healthier can add Plantain Patties to their diet to enjoy the numerous benefits of this snack. They are good for your digestive health, perfect for helping you to manage your weight, high in antioxidants and prevents heart disease. Diabetics should be careful as plantain can elevate your blood sugar.
Try your hand at Plantain Patties using our recipe and feel free to share your experience in the comments section below or email us at email@example.com. Here is a simple recipe for Plantain Patties with ingredients that you already have in your kitchen.
- Versatile 12″ electric skillet with adjustable temperature control and glass cover
- Skillet heats quickly up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Nonstick cooking surface ensures that foods slide out easily while using less butter, oil, or fat
- Removable temperature control probe includes temperature dial, power light, and ready light
- Temperature control ranges from 150 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Large capacity skillet with extra-deep sides holds up to 4.2 quarts, making it ideal for family size meals, one pot meals, as well as entertaining
- 120V 1200 watts
- Do not use steel wool, scouring powder pads or abrasive cleaners that may damage nonstick coating.
- 1-year manufacturer?s warranty
Plantain Patties recipe
3 over ripe plantain
½ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1 ½ cups oil for deep frying (unless you use a non-stick frying pan)
¼ cup water
Peel ripe plantains and mash with a fork. You should use the plantains with brown spots for this recipe, or even wait for them to turn completely black. They are sweeter and peel easier.
Add flour and cinnamon to the mashed plantain and mix well. You’ll want to make sure there are no large chunks of plantain, but small chunks are just fine.
Add water and mix the batter until you get to the consistency of oatmeal.
If using a regular frying pan, add oil. Skip this step if using a non-stick frying pan.
Put frying pan on medium fire.
Scoop batter with a ladle spoon or a regular pot spoon and add to frying pan.
Fry the Plantain Patties until the edges look lightly brown, then flip with a spatula.
Cook the opposite side for 2 minutes.
Serve your Plantain Patties warm.
When you buy something through our retail links, we may earn commission and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.
You may also like:
SECURITY: Our secure VPN sends your internet traffic through an encrypted VPN tunnel, so your passwords and confidential data stay safe, even over public or untrusted Internet connections.
PRIVACY: Keep your browsing history private. As a Swiss VPN provider, we do not log user activity or share data with third parties. Our anonymous VPN service enables Internet without surveillance.
FREEDOM: We created ProtonVPN to protect the journalists and activists who use ProtonMail. ProtonVPN breaks down the barriers of Internet censorship, allowing you to access any website or content.