Add some zing to your lunch with avocado and mango salsa. Have your avocado, mango, various seasonings and follow this recipe to get creative with your salsa.
Making Avocado and Mango Salsa
Estimated preparation time: 10 minutes
1 large avocado/zaboca
1 ripe julie mango
1 small onion
3 leaves chadon beni/cilantro
3 leaves parsley
1 scotch bonnet pepper (without seeds)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Dice avocado, mango and tomato, and chop finely the onion, chadon beni, parsley and scotch bonnet pepper.
Add to bowl the avocado, mango, tomato, onion, chadon beni, parsley, scotch bonnet pepper, salt and black pepper.
Extract and add lime juice to mixture.
Add oil and stir gently to combine ingredients.
Serve Avocado and Mango Salsa as a side dish or enjoy as a spicy chow.
Enjoy it on chicken or fish with rice, peas, broccoli and any serving of your choice. Make for the whole family and keep them wanting more.
September 2017 www.sweettntmagazine.com
You may also like:
- Tamarind balls, sauce, stew
- Satisfy your dark chocolate cravings
- Sweets that make our celebrations
- Reshma’s sweets or Methai in Hindi
- Proud to make fudge and toolum
Sugary Creams, Syrups and Pastries
- Scrumptious fruit cake for my customers
- Aunty Sharon’s food is true Trini flavour for real!
- Homemade ice-cream, sweat for a sweet
- Sorrel pancake syrup recipe
- Sorrel cake frosting recipe