We have all became amateur chefs cooking and baking up a storm during the pandemic. A side effect of eating our favourite home-cooked meal is the inevitable weight gain. The rich tasty recipes, the way Granny used to make it, has been going straight to the mid-section. To solve this problem, friends at Pyure bring us some healthier options to some of our childhood favourites. The guilt-free Chocolate Cheesecake recipe is the first of a series of recipes with the aim to give you healthier meals while satisfying your cravings.
Guilt-free chocolate cheesecake recipe
As with any other cheesecake recipe, the crust is prepared first, then the filling. You should, however, have all your ingredients available before starting. The first step would be to pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Crust for chocolate cheesecake
¾ cup all-purpose (gluten-free option – coconut or almond flour)
½ cup salted butter, melted
1 tablespoon Pyure Organic Confectioners Stevia Sweetener
1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Press mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan.
3. Ensure that the crust mixture lines the pan at least one inch up the sides.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Allow to cool completely.
6. Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
Filling for chocolate cheesecake
16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup Pyure Organic All-Purpose Stevia Sweetener
½ cup heavy whipping cream
3 large, room temperature eggs
1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
After you set the crust aside to cool, it’s time to make the filling for this rich, Guilt free Chocolate.
1. Take the room-temperature cream cheese and use a mixer to beat at medium speed until creamy.
2. Mix in the heavy whipping cream and Pyure Organic Sweetener until combined.
3. Add one egg at a time, mixing between each egg.
4. Mix in the unsweetened cocoa powder and pure vanilla extract.
5. Pour cheesecake filling into the spring form pan, over the prepared crust.
6. Place the filled spring form pan onto a large roasting pan.
7. Add approximately one inch of water to the roasting pan.
8. Place in the oven and bake at 300 degrees for one hour.
9. After one hour the outer edge of the cake will be firm, while the center remains soft. This is exactly how it should be.
10. Turn off your oven but don’t remove the sugar-free chocolate cheesecake.
11. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for half an hour.
12. After 30 minutes, take the spring form pan out of the roasting pan.
13. Allow cheesecake to completely cool on a wire rack.
14. Cover and place in the fridge for at least eight hours.
15. After the cheesecake is chilled in the fridge, remove the sides of the spring form pan.
16. Top with fresh berries or sugar-free whipped cream.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 26 grams
Saturated Fat: 15 grams
Cholesterol: 103 mg
Sodium: 220 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 6 grams
Protein: 5 grams
You can turn this into a wholesome and healthy family activity that is both yummy and healthy, while giving you the ability to spend quality time with the whole family. If you have tried this recipe, send us your pictures and or videos to be added to this post and share with everyone your results and comments. If you are interested in more recipes like this check them out at Pyure.
You may also like:
Sweet TnT 100 West Indian Recipes
Corn bread quick and easy recipe
Granny’s homemade coconut sweetbread
Raisins bread recipe for a healthy diet
Banana bread quick and easy recipe
Currants roll – treat your heart, blood, bowels
Hot cross buns fresh out the oven
Ponche a Crème recipes: Chocolate, Mocha, more
Flourless rolled oats pancakes for diabetics
Trini cooking: Culture preserved with a healthy twist
Alone we are strong, united we thrive.Together we create the Power of She.
You must log in to post a comment.