Tagged: ADMINISTRATIVE, Career Opportunity, CUSTOMER SERVICE, Digicel, Digicel Transport Manager, Digicel Transport Manager Vacancy, Digicel Vacancies, Digicel vacancy, DRIVER, employment, employment opportunity, Full Time, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MANAGER, marketing, OPERATOR, Port of Spain, Remote Jobs, Sales, Sales Representative, TELEMARKETING, tobago, Transport and IP Manager, Transport Manager, Trinidad, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
October 9, 2020 at 11:21 am #871607vadaebk9841109Participant
Digicel Transport Manager Vacancy
Digicel Transport Manager
As the Transport and IP Manager you will be responsible for the operation, administration and maintenance of the transport, broadband and IP core networks while ensuring the all availability and quality targets are achieved.
Digicel Group Limited
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific.
After 18 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
Job Title: Transport and IP Manager
Location: Trinidad & Tobago
Why you’ll enjoy this role:
As the Transport and IP Manager you will be responsible for the operation, administration and maintenance of the transport, broadband and IP core networks while ensuring the all availability and quality targets are achieved. You will ensure all operations activities, projects and implementations are completed with minimal impact to customers. This role requires a strong focus on network metrics and KPIs and reporting while managing teams operations to ensure all goals are achieved.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with engineers to ensure network stability, quality and availability across transport, broadband and IP.
- Develop appropriate network checks and routines with Engineers across network. Ensure required monitoring and checks of network metrics completed.
- Develop and KPIs and report to senior technical management.
- Develop processes and procedures for the smooth handover into network operations.
- Ensure network designs are implemented without unintended impact to the network.
- Ensure operations activities do not impact network quality and uptime.
- Ability to manage change effectively throughout the team to support company goals and initiatives
- Ensure support and escalation agreements and procedures are in place with vendors.
- Set objectives for engineers across teams.
- Lead direct reports in the achievement of objectives.
- Ensure process in place to keep all reference \ network documentation up to date.
- Develop OPEX inputs for the relevant teams.
- Ensure engineers are appropriately prepared with tools \ systems for the assigned tasks \ roles.
- Incident management for technical issues impacting teams. Ensure communication to stakeholders and a timely resolution of any issues.
- Provide inputs to business continuity plans.
- Manage technical resources under outage conditions to resolve the issues to restore normal operations within the required time frames.
- Proactive and reactive maintenance – Establish a framework for the execution, tracking and reporting of maintenance activities across the teams to meet aggressive availability and quality targets.
- Incident Management – Execute, enforce and optimize as required the company incident management process to ensure prompt recovery of service interruptions and communication to all stakeholders as the incident progresses. Ensure consistency of response across incidents.
- Performs related work: the duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to that position.
- Working safely is a continuing condition of employment. Digicel (Trinidad and Tobago) Ltd. is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and considers safety to be an integral aspect of every job function. As a condition of your employment, you will be required to observe and fully comply with all HSE rules / policies / procedures and applicable legislative provisions as well as wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where and when applicable.
What you’ll need to succeed in this job
- Bachelor’s degree AND related certification OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-6 years’ experience performing similar role / duties.
- Experience in and with the mobile telecommunications sector would be considered a valuable asset.
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
- Membership with a professional engineering institution or PMP certification will be an asset.
- Attentive to detail
- Self-motivated and result-oriented approach to work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver against competing priorities
- Ability to build strong relationships and work as part of inter-disciplinary teams
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced and demanding service environment
- Able to operate autonomously and demonstrate initiative in problem solving, decision making and proactive approach to job.
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Initiative and resourcefulness in the conduct of duties.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
Digicel Transport Manager Vacancy
Learn at your own pace, feel at home and achieve success. Schools are closed but don’t panic! We at Study Zone Institute are here to help. We offer resources that help parents and teachers with teaching children at home. Visit our website for lessons on difficult topics and free worksheets that can be downloaded.
Reporting to the COO (Chief Operating Officer) of Angostura Holdings Limited, the role is responsible for leading the change program for the Operations team involved in procurement of direct inputs into manufacturing including, production planning, engineering, distillery and bottling production, in order to meet the corporate goals as interpreted by the Executive Management and in keeping with the BOD (Board of Directors) approved plans.
DEADLINE: November 8, 2020. Restaurant General Manager, PIZZA / BURGER BOYS LTD. The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for the management of the daily operations of all restaurants under his/her supervision, including the selection, development and performance management of employees.
Construction Industry Vacancies The Construction Manager oversees and directs the construction activities of the project, from conception to completion and to review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and provide budgetary advice. Project Deliverable s * Determine manpower requirements and coordinate the supervision of attendant labour and subcontractor resources.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.