Celebrations would not be complete without fireworks. They have become a part of every public holiday celebration in Trinidad and Tobago. Anyone wishing to use them needs to obtain permission from the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service at least 48 hours in advance.
Care must be taken when using fireworks as well as consideration for one’s neighbours and animals. Every year there are instances of children being burnt due to unsupervised use, as well as accidents when they are discharged inappropriately. The older folks who suffer from various medical conditions may become stressed from hearing continuous loud explosions. Pets may become lost and disoriented as they scamper for safety. Wildlife may run into roadways and into neighbourhood houses seeking safety. Sweet TnT Magazine advises readers on how to be safe this season when it comes to these fun and not-so-fun bombs:
PS5 restock tracker — stores to check
– Ensure that children are always supervised by a responsible adult when around fireworks.
– Provide ear plugs for the elderly to make the celebration more tolerable for them.
– Secure your pets during the fireworks display, if possible keep cats and dogs indoors or in an appropriate enclosure. If you can make arrangements to have your pets housed at a location where there is less or none being discharged, this too, may be an option.
– Be considerate during the holiday season if you use the noise makers. Most neighborhoods have residents of all ages and the discharging of fireworks may be expected. Keep in mind that it has a negative impact on the aged as well as beloved pets.
– Don’t point fireworks at a person, an animal, house, tree, or an abandoned lot. This could result in either property damage or even loss of life.
– Try not to discharge fireworks in any built up areas, an empty parking lot or open field is the appropriate place for such activities.
– Be mindful of the law. Scratch bombs (those cigar shaped explosives with the sulphur tip) are not only dangerous, they are also illegal.
– Purchase fireworks from a licensed retailer. You might be tempted at the last minute to make an impulse purchase at the side of the road but you would be breaking the law.
The Grreat Choice Double Door Dog Crate provides training and containment solutions for the largest of breeds. The crate features convenient front and side door access, a heavy-duty corner drop-pin design, and slide-bolt latches that keep your pet safe and secure. The tough, ABS plastic pan is easy to clean and the black electro-coat finish provides long lasting protection. Only at PetSmart.
Pet photos: Cat by Nadia Ali; Dog by Candida Khan
Make sure to be safe and your holidays will be one to remember for all the right reasons.
December 2016 www.sweettntmagazine.com
When you buy something through our retail links, we may earn commission and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.
You may also like:
StudyZoneInstitute.com is the home for students, teachers and parents to find useful information and materials for teaching and learning. Read about active learning, types of learners, learning environments, the students in the classroom, focus exercises, learning with technology, outdoor learning, teaching aids, parents’ involvement and more.
During the seasons of Christmas and Divali it is customary to celebrate with lights, from the string of electrical Christmas lights to the calming fires of deyas. Sweet TnT Magazine shares a few simple tips that can prevent fires during any festive season: – Whether you are lighting indoors or outside, use only lights that have been tested for safety.
Crime has been a hot button topic in Trinidad and Tobago for a long time now. The public has been calling out for a crime plan to deal with what seems to be an incurable situation. Before we ask others to fix a problem in society, we need to ask ourselves if we are doing our part.
The best place to get a flat stomach, lose a few pounds or just to keep that body tight and nicely shaped. Over 100,000 satisfied customers. Use promo code SWEETTNTMAGAZINE358 for a 15% discount
By Nerissa Hosein. Christmas is right around the corner and many of us are working with a tight budget. While we would like to save our money, we also want to make the most of Christmas, especially for our little ones, so here are a few tips to help us get the gifts we want and not break the bank while doing so.
Fireworks can hurt children, elderly, pets, Fireworks can hurt children, elderly, pets, Fireworks can hurt children, elderly, pets, Fireworks can hurt children, elderly, pets, Fireworks can hurt children, elderly, pets