By Taye Antoine. ‘I am a 17-year-old boy from Trinidad who like dancehall music. The artistes can make a crowd jump in joy and rock their heads in excitement.’
Many people like me use music as an escape from the world. Maybe you’re an introvert, maybe you have ADHD and need music to keep you relaxed or maybe you just like to listen to music for fun. Everyone has a different taste for music. I am a 17-year-old boy from Trinidad who like dancehall music. The rhythm of the music can make a crowd jump in joy and rock their heads in excitement.
Violence, vulgarity and CSEC exams
Although the lyrics are mainly based on violence and vulgarity, I learn about the hardships of citizens in my own country through the artistes. I attended a secondary school in the heart of Port-of-Spain where violence and vulgarity was apparent and it did not hamper my success at the CSEC exams in 2020. The music cannot force a young person to turn to a life of crime or do vulgar things, you have a choice.
Young, talented and gone – Trinidad dancehall artistes
At the beginning of 2020, Kwinton ‘K Lion’ Thomas and Kyle ‘Rebel Sixx’ George were two dancehall artistes who topped the charts back to back with their newly released songs. Regrettably, Trinidad and Tobago lost these two very talented artistes at very young ages due to unfortunate events.
Kyle ‘Rebel Sixx’ George recorded many songs which he planned on releasing throughout 2020 and 2021. His producers did exactly that. With his producers releasing these songs, they topped the charts in Trinidad and Tobago. Also, there are other local artistes that have released music which are currently in the top 5.
Upcoming Trinidad dancehall artistes
Trinidad has many dancehall artistes who would like to be up next. According to the 2020 MYOB awards on Instagram, the next top dancehall artiste is Tafari. He is a very well known and respected artiste in Trinidad and Tobago. He also topped charts for a while with songs such as: Freak, Bompton Law and Fully Active just to name a few. While some may not agree on Tafari being the next top artiste, I think he deserves it.
There are also many good artistes that top the chart such as Jahllano, Prince Swanny and Medz Boss just to name a few. Only time can tell who will be the best in the future, some may not be your favorite dancehall artiste but they can be the favorite of others.
Nike Air Force 1 ’07 LV8
The radiance lives on in the Nike Air Force 1 ’07 LV8, the basketball icon that puts a fresh spin on what you know best: stitched overlays, bold colors and the perfect amount of flash to make you shine. Pairing retro hoops DNA and low-profile style with recycled materials on many components, it lets you rule the streets and feel good doing it. This product is made from at least 20% recycled content by weight.
Shown: Black/Electric Green/Light Bone/Clear
Funny music: ‘Defprince!’ brings laughter to everyone
Meet DJI Mini 2, The Ultra-Light, Feature-Packed, Easy-To-Fly Drone You’ve Been Waiting For
Nike Air Zoom SuperRep 2
The Nike Air Zoom SuperRep 2 is designed for circuit training, HIIT, sprints and other fast-paced exercise. Layers of support team up with Zoom Air cushioning to keep your foot locked in and comfortable as you lunge, jump and push your way through every rep. A roomier design around the toes lets you get the perfect fit.
Shown: Black/Martian Sunrise/Red Plum/Sea Glass
Nike Air Vapormax 360
PAYING HOMAGE TO AIR.
Celebrating 2006’s first shoe cushioned entirely by air, the Nike Air VaporMax 360 continues the Air revolution with an updated look and feel. Combining the upper of the Air Max 360 with lighter, more flexible technology underfoot, it brings one of Nike’s most progressive innovations to the present.
- Ultralight VaporMax cushioning feels comfortable, bouncy and flexible.
- The upper celebrates everything Air Max, combining the OG Air Max 360 upper with heritage TPU accents, classic wave patterns of the Air Max 97 and the celebrated stripes of the Air Max 98.
- “2020” is printed on the lace eyelets, mimicking the “2006” of the Air Max 360 and celebrating Nike heritage.
- Speed lace loops and welded synthetic skins on the upper are inspired by the Air Max 360, offering easy entry and a personalized fit.
- The padded collar feels soft and comfortable, while half-bootie tongue stretches to your foot for support.
- Rubber pods add traction and durability
- Heel pull tab
- Not intended for use as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Shown: Laser Blue/White/Light Smoke Grey/Black
- Style: CQ4535-400
EOS Sale: Up to 50% Off
Nike Air Max 2090
ICONIC COMFORT TAKES A FUTURISTIC LEAP FORWARD.
Bring the past into the future with the Nike Air Max 2090, a bold look inspired by the DNA of the iconic Air Max 90. Brand-new Nike Air cushioning underfoot adds unparalleled comfort while transparent mesh and vibrantly colored textile on select colorways blend with timeless OG features for an edgy, modernized look.
- More Air underfoot creates a softer ride while ribbed TPU frames your air for a bold look.
- The internal booty construction and padded heel feels soft and comfortable while letting you mix up how you wear your sneakers.
- The new speed-lacing system lets you quickly personalize your fit and get going.
- The faux-Waffle outsole has large flex grooves, mixing heritage style with a modern design.
- Pull tab on heel
- “AIR” logo is embossed into heel for a lasting look
- Springy foam midsole feels soft and comfortable
- Rubber sole adds traction and durability
- Shown: Laser Blue/Black/Vast Grey/White
- Style: CT1091-400
You must log in to post a comment.