Have you often come across this issue that your mouse scroll wheel jumps in Windows 10/11? You can run the cps test and see whether your mouse clicks correctly or not.
It gets really annoying when the mouse scroll wheel makes an abrupt jump in Windows 10/11. We know that a PC mouse comes with a wheel and its primary purpose is to scroll through the web pages fast and speedily. But many times, the mouse wheel scrolls not so smoothly. It starts to abruptly and clumsily jump up and down even when you run the cps test.
High Performance Gaming Mouse
- One of the easiest solutions that can solve your problem is to restart the computer.
- Check the mouse quality by running the clicks per second test by using cps tester by using this website.
- It is also recommended to clean the dirt and grease of the mouse scroll wheel.
- Connecting the mouse with another USB port might sort out the issue.
- It remains advisable to replace your mouse batteries because it is generally seen that old batteries cause this problem.
So, follow these ways and then check your mouse condition by running the cps counter.
Changing the mouse settings might stop the mouse scroll wheel from jumping in Windows 10/11. It is commonly seen that too high wheel speed causes this problematic situation. Many people have seen that when running the cps tester, their mouse wheel jumps a lot.
1. Go to the Control Panel and hit on, Mouse.
2. Right under the Wheel tab, you can turn down the scroll speed.
3. Access the Pointer Options tab and uncheck the option, Hide pointer while typing.
4. Click on the buttons, Apply and OK.
5. You can now check whether the mouse wheel still scroll erratically.
The other effective solution is to turn off the laptop’s touchpad. Furthermore, when you run the click test, turn off the touchpad and perform the test with the mouse only.
It is assumed that disabling the touchpad will stop the wheel from jumping in Windows 10/11.
Touchpad of the laptop is so sensitive and at times, it becomes the main cause to push the mouse wheel showing jumping problems. So, the simplest solution is to turn off the touchpad.
1. Access Windows 10/11.
2. Press, Win + I, in doing so, you can enter the Windows settings page.
3. Now, you need to hit, Devices > Touchpad and uncheck it.
Reinstalling the mouse driver
The last solution is to reinstall the mouse driver. Even more, when you conduct the cps clicker test, your mouse shows malfunctioning. The problem might be lying in the mouse driver.
The wheel jumps in Windows 10/11 because the mouse drivers at times become worn out, damaged and completely outdated. You can fix the issue by reinstalling the mouse driver.
1. The first step is to right-click on the Windows logo and hit on the button, Device Manager.
2. Expand the tab, Mice and other pointing devices.
3. Then you have to right-click on the mouse driver and click on the button, Uninstall device.
4. Once it is uninstalled, you can restart the PC and let the Windows to load and re-install the driver.
You can now run the cps test and see whether your mouse is showing this problem or not! If it does, feel free to opt for the above-mentioned solutions.
Share the epic with our fastest mobile processor ever and enhanced low-light selfies.
Pre-order to get a storage upgrade and more offers.
When you buy something through our retail links, we may earn commission and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.
You may also like:
|163 x 76 x 9 inches
|Item model number
|Wireless communication technologies
|Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC
|Touchscreen, Bluetooth Enabled, Fast Charging Support, 8 GB RAM, IP52, Glonass, Dual Camera, LTEPP, Wireless Charging, Water Resistant, Video Calling, 4K Video Recording, Text/Messaging, AGPS, 512GB Internal Storage, Android 12, Camera, Galileo, Smartphone, Built-In GPS, Mobile Hotspot Capability
|Other display features
|Device interface – primary
|Other camera features
|Battery Power Rating
|SIM Tray Ejector, Adapter, USB Cable