Tagged: Career Opportunity, employment, employment opportunity, energy jobs, Engineering, Full Time, gas, Gas industry jobs, Gas Processor, Government jobs, Information Technology Jobs, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MAINTENANCE MANAGER, MANAGER, MECHANICAL SUPERINTENDENT, Mechanical Technician Staff, Oil and gas jobs, OPERATOR, Phoenix Park Employment Opportunity, Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited, PPGPL, Safety, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
February 17, 2021 at 1:38 pm #971264oseheroMember
Phoenix Park Employment Opportunity
Phoenix Park Employment Opportunity
Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited
RECRUITMENT: MECHANICAL SUPERINTENDENT
UNSUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
Position Title: Mechanical Superintendent Department: Operations Status: Permanent (Non-Overtime) Position reports to: Maintenance Manager Work coordinated by: Maintenance Manager Position supervises: Mechanical Technician Staff Closing Date for Applications 28th February 2021
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Mechanical Superintendent is a member of the Operations Leadership Team. The Mechanical Superintendent is generally accountable for ensuring the availability and reliability of all mechanical equipment at the Company’s Plant operations, including its subsidiaries and new business ventures. These activities are expected to be conducted safely, cost-effectively and reliably and must be delivered in a manner that consistently adds value to PPGPL’s overall business process by ensuring support to maximum economic liquids extraction, plant on steam time, product quality, availability and delivery through the effective operation of the Plant Process. The position will also be required to provide mechanical oversight and support to the Group of companies, subsidiaries, and new business ventures.
The availability and reliability of mechanical equipment are key requirements in ensuring the continuity of the business process at Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited. The Mechanical Superintendent is the principal mechanical operative in the maintenance component of the operations activity and manages a group of maintenance technicians in assuring the availability and reliability of all mechanical equipment in support of the operations of the Plant. The position must evidence sound interpersonal and technical skills in coordinating on the one hand, the activities of the maintenance personnel of the Plant and on the other, in planning, organizing, monitoring and participating in preventative and corrective maintenance of the Plant’s mechanical equipment. The position interfaces internally with Engineering, Safety, and other Operations Superintendents and externally with contractors, manufacturers, and consultants. The position is constrained by cost, spare parts availability, safety, and environmental considerations and must consistently strive to maximize Plant availability to assure pre-planned and spot type product-delivery commitments.
The position of Mechanical Superintendent has access to managerial direction and support at the level of the Vice President-Operations, is bound by maintenance procedures and schedules and helps in developing and implementing such and has clear performance expectations including developing performance metrics to ensure optimal asset utilization and monitoring equipment parameters to ensure the safe and economic operation of the Facility. The position of Mechanical Superintendent has a financial accountability limit as prescribed in the Company’s Financial Authority Limitations Policy.
The position supervises a team of professionals responsible for the individual process, quality assurance, and has the responsibility for subordinate goal setting and performance reviews, career development and overall departmental planning.
Mechanical Superintendent’s Safety Responsibility:
The incumbent is required to:
- Observe, encourage, and ensure compliance with all safety and occupational health practices consistent with company and governmental regulations and ensure that safety, asset integrity, occupational health and accident prevention are matters of high priority.
- This includes complying with the safety goals set forth in the incumbent’s performance goals and performance standards.
- Motivate employees to achieve maximum personnel and process safety in all operations and ensure that our safety philosophy is effectively communicated and practiced.
Individual’s Safety Responsibility:
It is the responsibility of each employee to protect oneself as well as fellow workers from injury. Work shall be conducted according to established safe practices and procedures. Please refer to PPGPL’s Safety Manual.
Nature & Scope
The Mechanical Superintendent has primary responsibility for the safe and efficient operations of the Company’s Plant inclusive of its marine facilities, the 8” NGL Pipeline between Atlantic and PPGPL and associated equipment in alignment with best in class performance. The position effects this supervisory responsibility through:
- The co-ordination of the work of subordinates, contractors, and collaboration with other Operations’ Superintendents.
- The planning, development, recommendation and implementation of mechanical related systems, policies, and procedures.
- The provision of technical and supervisory advice, guidance, and assistance to the position’s various reports.
- The close monitoring of plant and personnel performance and implementation of various initiatives to achieve Operational Excellence.
- The development and control of section budgets and other management control mechanisms.
- The development, documentation and implementation of appropriate manuals, guidelines, procedures and regulations for use and guidance of department personnel and
- The administration of established human resource, financial and related corporate policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, monitors, and participates as required, in the implementation of preventative and corrective maintenance of plant mechanical equipment.
- Plans, develops, and organizes preventative maintenance schedules in accordance with the Plant’s operating objectives in accordance with plant production and related performance targets while ensuring safe and efficient operation.
- Supervises either directly or through the process of delegation, the activities of all mechanical maintenance and related support staff through technical guidance.
- Reviews work orders to ensure appropriate risk rankings and ensure assignment to technicians for execution.
- Develops documents and institutes appropriate manuals, guidelines, procedures, and regulations for use by department personnel.
- Develops and assigns work teams to complete tasks within specified time, cost, and quality limits.
- Hires and supervises as required, contract maintenance personnel as per procurement and contractor guidelines
- Maintains systems for quality assurance and quality control for all mechanical related work activities.
- Forecasts, develops, and manages the O&O and CAPEX budgets for the Mechanical groups.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental standards and participates in the Company’s behavioural based safety program.
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s Process Safety Management Programme. This includes the development, evaluation, and implementation of works under the Company’s Management of Change (MOC) Program and support to the Mechanical Integrity Program.
- Ensures optimal asset utilisation through collaboration with the Maintenance Department as part of the Company’s Asset Integrity Management philosophy (AIM).
- Supports the Company’s enterprise wide asset management system (EAM) initiative.
- Promotes the principles of Operational Excellence and deployment of appropriate technologies and processes to continuously improve upon existing plant processes.
- Prepares and presents operational and analytical reports on mechanical related activities and prepares and disseminates reports for external parties in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Approves work orders, purchase requisitions, cost estimates, technical specifications, miscellaneous expenses, overtime, leave, and gate passes in accordance with Authority Limitations.
- Administers established corporate financial, human resource and related policies in pursuit of the effective management of its area of responsibility.
- Develops the human resources within its area of responsibility.
- Identifies and manages operational risks associated with plant operations including the execution of management action plans for audit and incident recommendations.
- Provides support for Business Development projects.
- Performs an assigned role as part of the Emergency Response Organisation.
- The position will also be required to provide mechanical oversight and support to the group of companies, as may be required.
Minimum Acceptable Academic Qualifications
B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited tertiary institution.
The following certification will be an asset:
- Registered Engineer with the Board of Engineering
Minimum Number of Years of Relevant Experience
Twelve (12) years’ related working experience in a petroleum or gas processing industry of which five (5) years should be in a Supervisory / Senior Leadership role in the Maintenance field.
The incumbent must also be able to work beyond normal working hours (7:30 am to 4:00 pm), inclusive of weekends where required to meet deliverables. The position is also required to be on-call to support the operations of the business.
Specific Skills and Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of the techniques and methods of Engineering Design, Codes and Standards, Plant Operations, Process Safety Management
- Strong results orientation
- Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of turbines, motors, internal combustion engines, pumps, and compressors
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and influence skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Specific experience in bid document preparation
- Knowledge and understanding of the local and international gas industry
- Advanced computer application skills.
“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified”.
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago
DISCOVERY WORLD FURNITURE LOW MERLOT FULL OVER FULL MISSION BUNK BED | ACADIA | STANFORD | VIV RAE | KAITLYN
Now $799.00, Was $1129.00
The Low Merlot Mission Style Full over Full w/twin Trundle Bunk Bed was designed with the classic vertical supports inspired by the mission craftsmen designs, with its vertical wooden construction it is designed for strength and good looks.
ANANTARA LAYAN PHUKET ADVANCE PURCHASE SPECIAL
Anantara is passionate about our guests making their own amazing stories, and we’ve thought of the perfect way to help you create them. Whether you’re escaping for romance or adventure, quiet relaxation or quality family time, with such rewarding savings on all of our luxurious accommodations, you can indulge even more in your favourite holiday pastimes.
- 25% savings on accommodation when booking at least three days in advance
- Daily buffet breakfast for two people
Rates start from US$ 187Terms and Conditions
- Above rate is subject to 10% service charge, 7% government tax and 1% provincial tax.
- The rate quoted is per night, including discount, subject to seasonal variations and change without notice.
- Rate noted above is based on recent currency exchange data.
- The rate indicated on your confirmation is in the official hotel currency and will be charged at that rate upon check-out.
- Reservations must be made at least three days in advance.
- Full deposit non-refundable prepayment required at the time of booking.
- The above benefits may not be used in conjunction with any other discount or exchanged for any other service or cash.
For more information on applicable tariffs during your desired booking period, or to make a reservation, please contact our reservations desk or click on ‘Book Now’.*Foreign currency conversions are given as guidance only and are non-binding. Only the currency confirmed at time of booking is guaranteed.
Phoenix Park Employment Opportunity, Phoenix Park Employment Opportunity, Phoenix Park Employment Opportunity, Phoenix Park Employment Opportunity