Tagged: advertising, Career Opportunity, COMMUNICATIONS, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, employment, employment opportunity, EXCELLENT STORES, Excellent Stores Limited Vacancy, Full Time, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, MANAGER, marketing, Media, Remote Jobs, Sales, TELEMARKETING, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
October 8, 2020 at 8:54 am #870279ericacrowell108Participant
Excellent Stores Limited Vacancy
Excellent Stores Limited Vacancy
TITLE: Category Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer, Retail Operations
LOCATION: Head Office, Chaguanas
TYPE: Full Time
Excellent Stores Limited is seeking an experienced Category Manager to be responsible for every aspect of the in-store retailing of a group of products until those products are taken out the doors by a purchasing customer.
The incumbent will be responsible for optimizing sales for an assigned group of products and maintaining a productive relationship with vendors that is mutually beneficial, as well as create an engaging relationship with customers that is interactive and satisfying.
This is an exciting role that requires an overall strategic mind as well as a hands on approach, working with all functional departments and locations, to ensure seamless execution in a fast paced and growing environment.
Strategic Business Planning:
- Develop Category strategies with defined plans for cost savings, and sales optimization
- Work with Chief Operations Officer, Retail Operations in the development and execution of Category negotiation strategies with suppliers, including specific targets for pricing, service, quality, exclusivity and inventory.
- Monitor current Category market conditions, and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
- Develop subject matter expertise in assigned categories through external research, and benchmarking. Provide market intelligence and Category price trends. Be able to share this information with key stakeholders to enable more effective planning, forecasting and execution.
Assortment Planning & Merchandising:
- Manage inventory with effectively planning and forecasting in order to maximize the profitability of the inventory flow.
- Develop product ranges based on customer insight and category expertise to drive customer loyalty and profitability.
- Ensure product range is relevant with market and geographical trends and provide the right margin mix, as aligned with overall company strategy.
- Develop in-store range plans and planograms to ensure brands and products are efficiently portrayed.
- Work with the Marketing department to market product or product line to balance pricing and availability, with consumer demand to ensure the right products at the right time for the right price.
Buying & Product Pricing:
- Attend various buying trips overseas and/or vendor onsite and offsite meetings.
- Based on Category range planning and in keeping with overall company strategy, select products that will maximize margins and meet goals per category.
- Set pricing strategies to maximize company profit, adjusting the pricing to increase sales and clear out stagnant items from inventory.
- Formulate buying / merchandising, sales & promotional strategies to achieve business objectives.
- Manage inventory costs, sales forecast, gross profit margin to achieve sales and profit targets.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure the right selection, availability, and acquisition of products.
- Actively source and identify new vendor relationships that will ensure the right product mix, meet category goals, and be aligned with Company strategy.
- Negotiate pricing, delivery and payment terms with vendors, which directly impact the retail profit margin of the products and necessary marketing of products within the categories.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retailing, management, sales, or marketing is required.
- At least 3 years’ experience with the sales and marketing of specific products within a merchandise category.
- Strong background in merchandising and vendor relationships.
- Experience with product purchasing, financial analysis, and inventory control.
- Computer Literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel.
- Incumbent must maintain eligibility status for a US VISA for travel purposes.
- Because of the intensity of key retailing selling seasons like the Christmas holiday shopping season, Category Managers should be prepared to work irregular or long hours at certain times of the year.
- Good intuition, judgment and wisdom in negotiations, projections, and communications.
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to easily establish a rapport with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds at all levels of employment.
- Strong collaboration skills to work across all departments and with various external parties.
- Able to work under pressure whilst remaining adaptable and flexible
- Able to multi-task and ensure all tasks are completed within given timeframes
- Sound problem solving skills
- Demonstrate confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism at all times
Interested persons please forward resume to:
Subject: Category Manager
26-28 Gaston Street,
Lange Park Industrial Estate, Chaguanas
Call us at 225-1010 Ext. 2126/2106
Excellent Stores Limited Vacancy
Merchandiser East West Corridor The incumbent will be required to enhance the value of Bryden pi brands by ensuring all goods are properly displayed and merchandised. BRYDEN PI LTD VACANCY Bryden pi Ltd, one of the leading channel-focused distributors of Consumer, Health and Personal Care products in Trinidad and Tobago is on the lookout for the ideal candidate to join our unique family in the position of MERCHANDISER(Valsayn/POS).
Bermudez Employment Opportunity The Internal Audit Senior is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. INTERNAL AUDIT SENIOR OUR NEED We are seeking an Internal Audit Senior to work within our Group Internal Audit Team, under the guidance of the Group Chief Internal Auditor, to perform individual internal audit projects as part of the total internal audit plan.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.