Tagged: Accounting, accounting jobs, accounting vacancy, ADMINISTRATIVE, AUDIT, Career Opportunity, finance, gas, information technology, Information Technology Jobs, INSURANCE ADMIN, job opportunity, jobs, jobs in trinidad and tobago, natural gas, NiQuan Energy Trinidad Ltd, NiQuan Energy Trinidad Ltd Jobs, NiQuan Energy Trinidad Ltd Vacancy, oil, Oil and gas jobs, petroleum sector jobs, Remote Jobs, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work, work from home
October 16, 2020 at 12:16 pm #873605terranceduran1Participant
NiQuan Energy Trinidad Ltd
NiQuan Energy Trinidad Ltd Vacancy
LOCATION: SOUTH – SAN FERNANDO, POINTE A PIERRE
CATEGORY: ACCOUNTING, FINANCE, AUDIT, INSURANCE ADMIN
DEADLINE: October 23, 2020
The Accountant reports to the Vice President, Finance and is primarily responsible for Company’s Corporate Governance and IFRS Consolidated Reporting requirements. The position is also the IFRS Subject Matter Expert (SME), and responsible for supporting the management of all Company operational financial activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manages accounting and financial systems to ensure maintenance of full and accurate accounting records and identifies opportunities and implements action plans to continuously improve the effectiveness of the finance operations. Leads the preparation of various financial reports in a timely manner, for review by the VP, Finance and Executive Team, keeps abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation, and ensures compliance with all financial legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Analyses financial reporting standards including focus on IFRS to understand implications to the Company, applies IFRS conversion, implementation of new standards, accounting opinions; prepares the Accounting disclosures for Financial Statements following IFRS updates, and prepares and delivers training to relevant parties.
- Specific IFRS Duties include, but not limited to:
- Conducts and reports on financial analysis and operational performance, and prepares periodic and annual financial reports.
- Assists with the annual business planning including forecasting and reporting performance against budget.
- Develops and implements effective accounting systems and controls.
- Maintains accurate financial records to ensure successful financial audits by internal and external auditors.
- Identifies IFRS problem areas in a set of financial statements, fact patterns and recommends solutions.
- Provides advice on current and new IFRS standards and keeps current on any IFRS developments and translates into concrete analysis and opinion, applying subsequent decisions and analyses to reporting, systems and processes.
- Creates and maintains Corporate Finance Manuals and ensures that other Corporate Policies are aligned with IFRS regulations and standards; coordinates and prepares the Company’s Financial reports monthly, quarterly and annual, and prepares and maintains monthly audit working papers with relevant schedules
- Assists in coordinating the preparation of annual budgets and business planning, in consultation with Management.
- Oversees audit and tax functions, coordinates activities with consultants, audit firms and reviews Company performance and ensures that annual financial accounts achieve a successful and unqualified opinion from external auditors.
- Develops and liaises external relationships with appropriate contacts such as auditors, bankers, tax and other professional advisors / consultants and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue, external and internal auditors and tax representatives for statutory auditing and reporting, tax filing and annual reports.
Qualifications & Experience
ACCA qualified with at least 5 years’ experience in audit and accounting, with speciality in IFRS accounting. Conversion and taxation experience would be a distinct advantage. Diploma in IFRS will be an asset and is preferable.
- Knowledge of local laws regarding finances and taxation
- Proven ability to analyse complex financial accounting scenarios
- Proven capability in paying attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in scheduling and monitoring
- Experience in NetSuite would be an asset or any other similar level Enterprise Accounting software
- Excellent communication skills
Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago Governing Unit (PATTGU)The Port has been the gateway to the capital of the Twin Island of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago for more than seventy years, but was officially named the Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago on June 14th 1962.
We are looking for a reliable Handyman to undertake upkeep and repair tasks at the interior and exterior of company premises. We’ll rely on you to keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing various odd jobs. Click link for details.
Holiday Snacks Limited is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the position of Production Supervisor on contract.To plan, coordinate and monitor the company’s operations in accordance with approved safety, efficiency and quality standards so that established production targets are achieved.
Feel at home and achieve success. Having problems with Mathematics, English, POB, POA, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and other subjects? We at Study Zone Institute are here to help. Our personalised lessons target the weak areas of students using specific strategies. Contact us via phone or WhatsApp at 868-766-9003 or 868-782-4808, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.