April 11, 2020 at 1:56 pm #826674leilaniruss041Participant
YTEPP ICT MANAGER VACANCY
Position Title: Manager, Information Technology Department: Information and Technology Location: Head Office Reports to: Director, Finance and Information Technology Supervised by: Director, Finance and Information Technology Support Staff: Network Administrator, Network Technician II, Network Technician I, Web Developer, Administrative Assistant I YTEPP ICT MANAGER VACANCY Primary Purpose: This position plans, manages and coordinates the activities of the Information Technology Department to ensure the provision of required services for implementation, modification and strengthening of the operations of the organisation as well as to achieve strategic objectives; manages the information systems and computing resources. Set strategic direction of the organisation as it relates to technology. YTEPP ICT MANAGER VACANCY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES Regular Duties:
- Manages, plans, organises, schedules, priorities, assigns, and reviews the work of all information technology staff; monitors workload, deadlines, goals and progress.
- Conducts training (or organises training via a 3rd party) and all activities towards the professional development of technology staff and ensures application of current performance standards.
- Conducts analysis into the development and design of the Information Technology Strategic Plan.
- Develops and manages technology budget and expenditure for the organisation in alignment with strategic goals.
- Provides expert technical consultancy to the executive team (CEO, Directors, Senior Managers) regarding the daily operations of the organisation.
- Plans, organises and serves as project manager on large/complex information technology projects
- Evaluates emerging technologies and identifies hardware, software and other resources necessary to accomplish tasks within budgetary constraints.
- Recommends the purchase of hardware, software, platforms and information systems to executive team (CEO, Director of IT)
- Manages the procurement, maintenance and disposal of all Information Technology assets, for all departments
- Manages the procurement, licensing and development of all computer software, information systems, applications and databases within the organisation.
- Manages the security, storage, archiving and backup of all information and data created by the organisation to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- Plans, designs and co-ordinates the installation of all Information Technology infrastructure within the organisation to meet operational and strategic objectives
- Manages and designs the SOPs of the service desk for the organisation from incident identification to problem management and resolution
- Manages and maintains the effective operations of all information systems and database management systems (e.g. Student Relationship Management System, Learning Management System, Human Resource Information System Accounting and Payroll System)
- Develops, coordinates and implements all disaster recovery plans and procedures for the organisation.
- Develops and establishes Information Technology policies and procedures; implements and recommends actions to improve work flow and performance standards.
- Maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Initiates audits and manages inventory of all Information Technology hardware and software assets within the organisation.
YTEPP ICT MANAGER VACANCY Occasional Duties:
- Represents organisation at various events.
- Budget preparation (annually).
- Seeks out new vendors, suppliers and partner relationships as it relates to technology.
- Perform other related duties as maybe required.
EDUCATION (minimum academic requirements/technical qualifications for the position).
- Master’s degree in ICT or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- ITIL Certification.
- Project Management certification.
- Other technology related certifications will be considered an asset.
Years of Experience (minimum previous experience required for performing duties of job).
- Minimum of five (05) years’ experience in a managerial position, in a training/education environment.
- Eight (08) years’ progressive experience in information technology.
Knowledge Of: (The technical or professional information acquired through formal education, training or experience needed to perform the job).
- Principles, practices and techniques of providing computing services in a technical vocational environment.
- Current computer hardware, software and emerging technologies.
- Education Technology.
- Web and mobile application development.
- TCP/IP and other networking protocols and networking in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Project Management Knowledge and Competencies.
- Information System Analysis and Design.
- Customer Service Management.
- Windows domain environments.
- Server and client operating systems and application software.
- Server and network virtualisation.
- Information systems analysis and design.
- Network security management and business continuity.
- Basic computer repair and maintenance.
- Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
- Health and Safety in a work environment (OSH Act).
Skills In: (The proficient application of knowledge and behavior in completing job tasks or duties).
- Advanced Networking.
- Advanced Programming.
- Time Management and Scheduling.
- Conflict resolution.
- Report Writing.
Ability To: (Observable actions used to achieve job specific results).
- Build strong teams.
- Customer relations (internal and external).
- Research and gather data.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies.
- Develop holistic, comprehensive plans.
- Analyse data and think critically.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing to various audiences.
- Resolve technical and non-technical issues.
Any relevant combination of qualification, training and experience will be considered.
The pressure is on for children around ages ten to twelve and their parents in Trinidad and Tobago as they face the upcoming ‘tournament of doom’ in April known as Secondary Entrance Assessment or SEA exam. This is the time when parents go berserk for extra lessons, last-minute exam boot camps and expensive practice tests and educational devices for their children.
We care for all learners – delayed, distracted, unfocussed, accelerated, outspoken, quiet and more. We believe in creating an environment that allows each student to learn at his or her own pace. We aim to bridge the gap between a struggling student at the primary level and their success at exams at the secondary level.
Megan Subero, 25, created the ideal gift for children to learn about the culture of Trinidad and Tobago. Lil Trinbagonian is a coloring book with activities based on heroes, national events and birds in the twin islands. The coloring book is designed for children ages 5 to 10 to enjoy the educational activity-based content while having fun.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.