- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by ydoxydeq.
March 10, 2020 at 12:51 pm #825742ydoxydeqParticipant
PRESTIGE HOLDINGS VACANCY
PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT PRESTIGE HOLDINGS LTD
POSITION: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the Purchasing and Logistics Manager, PHL
Summary: This position will be primarily responsible for the procurement of goods and services while ensuring that corporate and ethical policies are adhered to. The incumbent will provide assistance with the procurement needs for commodities and services required by user departments, including preparation of Quotations, Tenders and Proposals in accordance with the company’s Purchasing Policy and Guidelines. He/She must ensure that their role contributes to a maximization of efficiency and cost effectiveness and ensure a constant supply of superior quality raw material as well as provide administrative support to the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaises with suppliers to ascertain their ability to meet the company’s specific requirements in terms of performance, prices and delivery, so as to make the best selection on the basis of such information.
- Obtains quotations from a variety of suppliers where applicable with a view to obtaining the best quality at the best price. A minimum of three quotations must be obtained and the selection of the supplier should be submitted to the Purchasing and Logistics Manager for approval before the transaction of any business. The Procurement Assistant must ensure that all costs are consistent with the budgeted costs of the company.
- Obtains approval, where necessary, for any purchases to be made on behalf of the company, prior to the purchase. Processes approved purchase requests accordingly from relative departments and provide updates in a timely manner.
- Assists the Purchasing and Logistics Manager in price negotiations with suppliers and shows understanding of the economic environment for the purposes of comparison so as to make the best purchase, in keeping with budgetary limitations/ Recommends purchasing strategies to take advantage of economic order quantities, prices and deliveries.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with vendors and department heads.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
- Keeps records of costs, deliveries and supplier performance and discusses same with user departments with a view to ratification by suppliers or change in specifications or change of suppliers.
- Maintains stock at optimum economic levels consistent with operational demands, which includes small wares and equipment spare parts.
- Reviews the list of open Purchase Orders on Microsoft Great Plains system with the Purchasing and Logistics Manager on a monthly basis and close off or action accordingly in order to minimize the list.
- Reviews stock movements and initiates changes in stock levels where analysis suggests the established control parameters were inappropriate.
- Ensures that all purchasing documents are properly completed and authorized.
- Liaises with Accounts Payables for purposes of resolving problems and ensuring smooth information flow amongst sections.
- Provides follow-up action on all outstanding purchase orders and expedites where necessary.
- Follows up on the prompt delivery of materials and/or services to the Company.
- Ensures that purchases are expedited, as required. This may include liaising with the customs broker in the absence of the Purchase and Logistics Manager, to follow up on imported shipments and forwarding payment requests for approval to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s standard purchasing procedures.
- Provides general administrative support to the department inclusive of, but not limited to, filing and processing freight payments for approval, import charges, verifying demurrage payments and any other administrative duties as directed.
- Continuously seeks opportunities for improving the current processes in the department.
- Verifies Purchase orders with suppliers, by double checking quantity ordered against order confirmations, and verifying expiration dates where possible.
- Ensures timely and accurate receipts of local purchases and posting to the company’s computerized accounting system.
- Performs other related duties as may be required by the job function to support the Company’s business
Key Skills and Requirements
- Thinks critically – Take a well-ordered logical approach to identifying business and market issues; analyzing problems; organizing work; and planning action.
- Excellent Communication and Negotiation Skills both verbal and written
Ø Attends to Detail – Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough and to the highest standard
- Takes responsibility – Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results
- Applies Professional, Product or Technical Expertise – Demonstrate the ability to supply professional and product expertise to real world situations
- Possesses a strong sense of integrity and business ethics
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Certificate or Diploma in Purchasing from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or other appropriate qualifications.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in purchasing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job. Other duties may be added or this description amended at any time.
Fish broth a remedy for almost anything – Sweet TnT Magazine
By Marissa Armoogam. Growing up I can clearly recall the fun my siblings and I had at each family gathering and event, be it a wedding, birthday or just a Trini day lime. As you all may know EVERY Trinbagonian event is usually accompanied by some extremely tantalising and delicious food like fish broth one of my favourite dishes.
Home – Study Zone Institute
StudyZoneInstitute.com is the home for students, teachers and parents to find useful information and materials for teaching and learning. Read about active learning, types of learners, learning environments, the students in the classroom, focus exercises, learning with technology, outdoor learning, teaching aids, parents’ involvement and more.
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago – Sweet TnT Magazine
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
PRESTIGE HOLDINGS VACANCY
PRESTIGE HOLDINGS VACANCY
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.