- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by avubatamo.
September 5, 2019 at 9:08 pm #647465avubatamoGuest
Store Manager Job Description
The Store Manager plans and directs the day-to-day operations of the store. Develop/Maintain strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, increase profitability and maintain and/or recommend store policies that will increase sales and grow the existing customer base. Maintain high store standards and conditions and foster a positive environment.
Ensure customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. Ensure all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability. Forecast staffing needs and develop a recruiting strategy to provide optimal staffing in all areas.
May require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Lead and direct the work of others. Typically reports to top management. The successful candidate will maintain operations to stay within the corporate budget and procedures.
• Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
• Maintain store staff by orienting and training employees
• Work diligently with Branch staff to ensure branch targets are met
• Maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
• Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers
• Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
• Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with all company policies, guidelines and ensure branch staff operating accordingly.
• Give feedback to Senior Management regarding Marketing Strategies or Operational Issues.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Maintain operations by coordinating and enforcing marketing programs, operational and personnel policies and procedures
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Provide training to improve the knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-
training methods to maintain productivity when employees are absent
• Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
• Manage stock levels and make requisitions where needed
• Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
• Respond to customer complaints and comments
• Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent
• Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers to identify or
resolve urgent issues
• recommend changes to improve the business
Store Manager top skills & proficiencies:
• Retail Management
• Ability to Motivate Others
• Customer Focus
• Quick Learner
• Multi-Task Skills
• Team Player
• Customer Focus
• Results Driven
• Strategic Planning
• Management Proficiency
• Client Relationships
• Sales Experience
• Verbal and Written Communication
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.