- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by edipjuneledug.
August 29, 2019 at 5:57 pm #647443edipjuneledugGuest
SENIOR MANAGER INFORMATION SYSTEMS, URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF TRINIDAD & TOBAGO (UDECOTT) LTD
The Senior Manager, Information Systems is required to efficiently and effectively manage the information technology and records management resources of the Corporation.
The Senior Manager, Information Systems is required to efficiently and effectively manage the information technology and records management resources of the Corporation. The incumbent ensures the alignment of the information and communications technology as well as records management best practices to support the business needs, and is responsible for guiding the corporation in respect of ICT trends that would enhance the business.
In addition the incumbent ensures analysis to allow for determination and transformation of business requirements into appropriate and efficient IT and records management solutions.
The Senior Manager Information Systems manages the Human Capital of the Department to ensure a level of job satisfaction in keeping with corporate objectives.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Management Information Systems or Information Technology
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, ICT or Computer Science
- Membership in relevant professional organizations will be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of ICT Systems (networks, servers, clients, business applications, web-based applications, cloud computing, etc.) and emerging trends
- In-depth knowledge of application development, Internet protocols and Database Management Systems,
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the area of records management
- Knowledge of the digitization and e-archiving of organizational records.
- Working knowledge of systems such as financial systems, security systems, asset management, etc. will be an asset
- Extensive knowledge of network and information security
- Knowledge of Business continuity and related elements
- Working knowledge of State Financial Regulations
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project management
- Extensive knowledge of business theories, business process development, governance processes, business management, budgeting and administrative operations.
- Eight (8) years’ work experience within an Information Systems environment, inclusive of five (5) years in a senior management position
Equivalent combination of Qualification, Training and Experience
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Development of Human Capital
- Liaises with the HR department as necessary and ensures that all relevant HR policies and procedures are implemented
- Ensures the on-going evaluation of employees and implements the appropriate training and development plans where necessary.
- Manages the Human Capital of the department to ensure a level of job satisfaction in keeping with corporate objectives.
Management of Department
- Develops and ensures implementation and evaluation of departmental strategies for IT and RM, and plans to ensure achievement of short, medium and long-term objectives.
- Ensures development, implementation and monitoring of policies and operating procedures in keeping with international standards for the IT and RM functions
- Develops, implements, and evaluates departmental plans, policies, and procedures in IT and RM to achieve goals, work standards and continuity of operations in case of disaster
- Prepares and submits monthly/annual/ad hoc reports in accordance with the Corporation’s requirements
- Assesses needs, develops and implements Information Management & Reporting Framework to adequately meet the needs of the Corporation. Designs, develops and implements policies, procedures and processes to support the required Framework
- Operates as a critical member of the corporate team in the strategic planning initiatives.
- Prepares draft budget and manages approved budgets for departmental programmes and special projects
- Assesses business requirements as it relates to organizational needs, analyses applications and/or modifications to support IT and RM functions and make recommendations to management.
- Provides guidance and advice on the acquisition of effective information technology equipment and software as it pertains to the business operations of the Corporation
- Develops and implements strategies and mechanisms for the use of information technology – hardware and software
- Conducts the necessary reviews and advises senior management on information and communications technology trends, usage/usability and performance with recommendations as necessary
- Initiates and monitors the maintenance of comprehensive business continuity/disaster recovery plans for all ICT areas in the Corporation
- Assesses the impact of proposed/existing ICT legislation, regulatory policies, laws and regulations pertinent to the Corporation and makes appropriate recommendations
- Prepares Tender’s Committee and Board Notes as necessary
- Participates in tender evaluations and vendor contract negotiations as required
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders on various information technology equipment and software matters
- Ensures all steps are taken with respect to testing and implementation of Applications.
- Ensures the continuous reviews of Manuals and Process Workflows and approves for implementation
- Manages the development and implementation of initial and ongoing training in respect of technological solutions and software
- Ensures the efficient management of IT related projects
- Recommends international best practices for adoption by the Corporation
Security of Information
- Designs and implements data security procedures and protocols in ICT systems relevant to the Corporation
- Ensures the security and preservation of the computerized records
- Evaluates and ensures modification of the security provisions of the IT systems and subsystems.
- Develops and implements procedures relating to backup procedures and disaster recovery planning.
- Ensures the back-up and preservation of all softcopies of records and documents
- Continuously ensures that the Corporation is protected from various cyber threats.
- Monitors all of the Corporation’s IT data within the various offices and/or off-site facilities.
- Develops and implements a customer service platform to serve the Corporation.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access.
- Reviews all computerized systems; information processing equipment and software for acquisition, storage and retrieval of information.
- Ensures the implementation of a system for monitoring and renewal of software licenses
- Ensures end-user support, inclusive of Help desk intervention
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation.Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications inclusive of Cover letters and CV’s. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited instituitions will be accepted.All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on August 29, 2019. Hard copy applications should be submitted to:Senior Manager, Human Resources, Level 5, UDeCOTT Head Office, 38-40 Sackville Street, Port of Spain
- Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of an appropriate document management system within the organization addressing both electronic and physical documents.
- Develops appropriate and relevant policies relevant to the storage, retrieval, archival and removal of soft and hard copy documents
- Establishes and implements an efficient project related Document Management System and specific procedures including filing system activities for all departments;
- Establishes and maintains a Master Document File in accordance with all departmental requirements, internal procedures and IT system
- Plans, supervises and records document flow to and from all necessary parties including Project Management teams, clients, sub-contractors and all relevant departments
- Ensures that all employees are trained on proper document management processes
- Ensures that appropriate monitoring and control elements are implemented and that they are effective in ensuring that all documents are properly managed.
- Makes recommendations in terms of storage space and the management of same
- Performs any other duties as are related to the job function.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.